• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

I'm curious as to which schools have contacted Moto.

I have no idea. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in VA/DC though. Lonergan at GW would like him I'm sure, and he finds some good transfers. Might be a good fit.

Possibly :)tear:) VCU?

This just blows

GW also makes sense as Moto has a teammate from HS, Kethan Savage, playing there as well.

GW also makes sense as Moto has a teammate from HS, Kethan Savage, playing there as well.

Yep. That staff saw a lot of Moto. I'm not sure of the timing, staff turnover, and whatnot, but I saw Moto play in HS at Episcopal and I believe at that point Savage was already committed to GW. There were a few coaches in GW sweats there to watch him play.

What are you saying? NBA scouts disagreed with your analysis during the summer after his sophomore season. He obviously regressed from there on out. I think we can do the math as to why.

In looking for the "invisible keyboard" picture, which I was going to call the invisible giant calculator, I came across this image. How have I never seen this before? Maybe because I am getting an X, so I have included the link. Nevermind, his name is in the address, so it's not working.

http://thatfan.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/[name redacted].jpg?w=450

[name redacted].jpg

Edit: Here's a better link, but you will have to scroll down about 12 pictures. It's a Gameday sign from an Air Force fan after Bz left for Colorado saying "I Will Find You [name redacted]!"
http://thatfan.wordpress.com/category/that-fan-fantasy-gameday/[/URL]

Last edited:
I have no idea. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in VA/DC though. Lonergan at GW would like him I'm sure, and he finds some good transfers. Might be a good fit.

Possibly :)tear:) VCU?

This just blows

Bill's gonna Skeen us.

Aaron Rountree III ‏@DeaconTREE33 4m

I need a change of scenery...

That is the one we need to be honest. Hate it for the kid, but it is in both of our best interests for him to move on. He isn't going to play, and he deserves a chance to get on the court. Now is the time for him to move to a program where he can compete for time. I wish he were a better player just because he is the kind of young man that you know is going to be successful after he graduates and you want him to have some success on the court (Ed Karbo comes to mind when I listen to Aaron interviewed and watch him interact with the team).

If he doesn't move now he is looking at a college career of playing about 5-9 minutes a game. For all the work a player puts in to be a college basketball player that just isn't enough to make it worth it in my opinion.

If Aaron or his family is reading this they honestly need to evaluate their options. Players love to play games not just practice and go to school. A transfer now and he would have a lot of great options. If he waits he is pretty much finished as a college basketball player. Aaron couldn't get on the court with [Redacted] as coach, and manning is working very hard to increase our talent level.

I really like Aaron as a rep of wake forest and if he wanted to stay I would support him 100%. But if I were in his corner I would tell him to bite the bullet, move on and find a team where he fits into a more vital role.

If so, this (from the "Black and Golden Glove Awards") just got real awkward:

@DemonDeacons: The Julie Griffin Spirit Stick Award goes to @TieDyeNation's Aaron Rountree for displaying the most school spirit! http://t.co/hmKKTPRYJ0

Haha something tells me this award was due to his anti-rolling the quad tweet that Hatch quoted in his email

Facebook is telling me it's the "Black and Golden Globe" Awards. Is this something new or just a cute name added to the end of the year athletics banquet?

Facebook is telling me it's the "Black and Golden Globe" Awards. Is this something new or just a cute name added to the end of the year athletics banquet?

Believe this is the 2nd or 3rd year. They have it at the Joel and DC members are invited.

Believe this is the 2nd or 3rd year. They have it at the Joel and DC members are invited.

Pretty sure it's organized by Student-Athletes. DC members getting the invite and moving to the Joel is new this year IIRC. It was at Bridger last year, and a little smaller event.

Did anyone ever think that tweet might have another meaning?

From Disco Dan's 5/6/14 interview with DM:

MTOW: Any major surprises? Anything caught you off-guard?

DM: Probably the one would have been the Moto situation. And I understand where he’s coming from. But at the same time, usually there’s a little bit more groundswell. So that one’s probably been the one. But I get it. Like I told you earlier, I don’t have a problem with it. He handled it the right way, in my eyes. And we’ve got to move on. There’s no ill will. There’s none of that. He still comes into the locker room and changes and works out. And I told him, `You’ve got to continue to do that because no matter where you go you’ve got to be ready when you get there.’

One of my bros who is close to the GW bball program said they are looking at him hard. He said that they really need bigs, and not wings though, which might conflict with Moto's purported wish to play the 3/wing.

From Disco Dan's 5/6/14 interview with DM:

This confirms that it wasn't mutual, which I think we all suspected. Its too bad. I thought he would be a really good upper classman here. We will miss him.

Moto is going to play point guard at Old Dominion. Jeff Jones has stated he has always wanted a 6-5 guy at the point ever since he played that position at Virginia

Any actual news on where Moto might be headed? I want to get a head start on my future NCAA Tournament bracket research.

Back