• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW - Codi is the key

Cavanaugh having a chance to be the next Ryan Kelly? You've got to be kidding me. The more cav plays the more likely we lose every single game. He is god awful... But Maybe the secret BuzzOUT weapon. Hell, I hope he starts every game and maybe Buzz won't win another game here.

I agree that Codi is the X-Factor for us next year. Well thought out piece, although the part about Moto maybe being the best athlete to put on a Wake jersey seemed like a big stretch, considering that the most athletic play I saw out if him was a missed dunk against Seton Hall.

On one hand, it's nice that the Fischer Cav lineup is over. On the other hand, it's extra scary that Green and Overton are probably the keys to being as 'good' as we were this season.

A good read. Sometimes, the "light comes on". We'll see if and to whom that applies this season coming. Hope springs eternal (and it's frustrating as hell to be that way here lately).

Overall it was a pretty pessimistic piece from Dan with enough hyperbole complements and comparisons to provide a smoke screen.

"In Arnoud Adala Moto I see maybe the most astounding natural athlete to ever wear a Wake uniform." What the f? He is not even close.

If anything he says is true and Codi has a breakout season averaging 17+ ppg and Daniel, Greg, and Miles have solid seasons, we could surprise a lot of teams next year.

If buzz gets fired

Robert Siler was a pretty good athlete.

Comparing Cav to Ryan Kelly. LOL. Just LOL.

If anything he says is true and Codi has a breakout season averaging 17+ ppg and Daniel, Greg, and Miles have solid seasons, we could surprise a lot of teams next year.

If buzz gets fired

17 ppg? Hahahahaha. CJ didn't even average 16 this year and he was 10 times the scorer than Codi could imagine to be.

While we can all claim to share Dan's "if's".....I think it's pretty fair to feel uncertain about these guys playing for the current coach next season. It's not CMM's shooting that will be the problem next year, it's getting him the shots. Don't forget how difficult it was most games for CJ Harris, an accomplished scorer, to get his shots in the Bz offense. It's not whether Devin Thomas will develop into a star, he's a star right now. But aside from the Duke game, when did you see anybody feed the post in our offense? The other guys are gonna be who they are. But what about defense? In three years under Bz our defense has been terrible each year. If you follow college basketball at all you know defense is paramount for consistent success ( Lville, Syr, Fla, Mich St., say hello). Dan's hoping the change in the players over a year will be the difference. In three more years they'll all be gone. What about the coaching?

In Arnoud Adala Moto I see maybe the most astounding natural athlete to ever wear a Wake uniform.

This is a stupid statement. Very stupid.

I'll start with Rodney Rogers and Tim Duncan. Both were outstanding natural athletes.

James Johnson would flip-kick that statement to Mars from a standing start.

I always thought LD had some of the freakiest athletic ability I've seen on the basketball court. Not necessarily a good player, but one helluva athlete and fun to watch him fly.

17 ppg? Hahahahaha. CJ didn't even average 16 this year and he was 10 times the scorer than Codi could imagine to be.

Not even the point, Codi could get to the basket whenever he wanted a hell of a lot easier than CJ. He could average that if he wanted next year. With CJ gone who else is gonna do it?

Back