• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW - Codi is the key

Wow I had forgotten how much Scott improved over his career.

That follow dunk over UVA at the end was vicious.

Odom just didn't know how to use him, especially him and Darius together. Just too much offensive capability for Odom.

Odom just didn't know how to use him, especially him and Darius together. Just too much offensive capability for Odom.

I liked Scott a lot but he was very inconsistent and I think Odom realized that. He had to build the offense around Darius. No other choice.

Well he actually built it around O'Kelley. He should have built is around Darius although foul trouble made that difficult. We saw way too much Vidurretta and Shoemaker together when Darius was out instead of Antwan.

Of course, Skip got 30 mpg out of Darius and played Antwan for 28 mpg.

Well he actually built it around O'Kelley. He should have built is around Darius although foul trouble made that difficult. We saw way too much Vidurretta and Shoemaker together when Darius was out instead of Antwan.

Of course, Skip got 30 mpg out of Darius and played Antwan for 28 mpg.

He built it around Darius but foul trouble made that difficult. Odom always wanted an inside game. Inside to out. We'll agree to disagree. And we didn't see more Antwan for the reason I stated. He was inconsistent even though he was the most athletic player on the team. I pine for those days. We had coaching and good talent with an opportunity to actually win basketball games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D5TPwasB8g

Good Lord Antwan had a ton of dunks in this game at MSG. Forgot we played FSU though!

Still think Travis Banks was every bit as athletic as Strickland, if not more so. He got so damn high for just rebounds. Incredible bounce without striding.

Those dunks didn't look very "culture" appropriate. Good thing Ron & Jeffrey have taken steps to ensure we don't have that kind of nonsense anymore.

There is more to being athletic than jumping. No doubt, Rodney Rogers is #1 on the list of athletes to play basketball for Wake Forest... but Bill Moto is a freak as a freshman (seemingly without spending much time in the gym). You can make an argument he belongs with the other names being mentioned. Nostalgia is great, but Moto still has 3 more years of highlights (hopefully).

Ph is absolutely right! Twan was one of the most underutilized and unfulfilled talents ever to put on the black and gold. He always had game and could score with his back to the basket. But he was so desperate to thrill and perform that he got a rep as a black hole. Odom never trusted him and perhaps rightly so but it took Dave and his staff too long to find a happy medium with the Gr8 Scott! He should've been Darius' weakside safety valve fir two solid years but didnt get the mins till his senior year. Shame IMO.

Yeah everyone jumped on the Free Twan train when he had some absurd number of garbage time points at UVA as a freshman. I seem to remember a completely unnecessary spin move in the lane that game. He was a black hole though. He went some ridiculous amount of time without registering an assist - may even have been a whole season.

But, as the video demonstrates, he developed a jump shot and a little more discipline, particularly under Skip as a senior.

Back