• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW - Dan's Take on the Status of WF Hoops

"Anybody happen to know when is the last time the quad’s been rolled in basketball season?

Best line of the article. Dan is finally one of us.

Some reasons being given -- the ties a coach wears, the car somebody said he drives, the fact he prefers yoga to jogging -- range from comical to sad. And to harbor such hate for any basketball coach that you would wish that coach bodily harm is -- or at least should be -- to everyone’s mind pathetic.

Interesting... I wonder where Dan read this???

I'll never understand the beating Dan takes over here. That's a great article.

To those who think Dan should be lambasting the coach and Wellman with harsher attacks, I think you're missing the bigger picture. This is how you increase accountability - seize on the message of winning that Wellman put out the other day and repeat it. Ignore the bullshit AD-speak, expose just how horribly far we are from the goal he put forward, and don't make it personal.

If you think there is anything that Dan could have written that would have helped remove [Redacted] before the end of year 3, you're delusional.

I agree, that was a difficult piece to write and I think he did it well and in a reasoned manner. He didn't cloud up his points with all the weirdness of the hire in the first place, or the departures, or all of the various other oddities over the past three years. He basically says, we need to look at where we are today after three years, and this isn't good enough. Short, succinct.

Good article and said everything a beat writer can/should say. Dan knows as well as all of us what a shit-burger Ron has fed us but he stayed professional and kept on point, winning and losing. I would say that this is actually pretty brutal. It's easy for AD folks to shrug of insults and such but you can't argue with the numbers.

I agree, that was a difficult piece to write and I think he did it well and in a reasoned manner. He didn't cloud up his points with all the weirdness of the hire in the first place, or the departures, or all of the various other oddities over the past three years. He basically says, we need to look at where we are today after three years, and this isn't good enough. Short, succinct.

Good analysis. Good piece by Dan.

Dan Collins -
If you’re a Wake fan content with the state of the basketball program these days, well sorry, but you’re not a Wake fan.

Attention Braces! Dan just called you out!

Dan Collins -
To date I’ve seen nothing to convince me Jeff [Redacted] will get it done at Wake. To date, I’ve seen no reason for fans not to be up in arms about the state and direction of the basketball program.

With this article, I think Dan has FINALLY started doing his job!

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, Thanks especially for emphasizing the blow outs. The persistence of the blow outs - at home and on the road - are very strong evidence that Jeff [Redacted] is a poor in-game coach. If you want to coach, you must be able to stop the other team's runs. [Redacted] repeatedly fails in this area. He can't handle the pressure of interviews, just as he can't handle the pressure of in-game adjustments. Thanks also for using briar patch.

As for you Jeff [Redacted] do a real favor for Wake basketball: resign immediately!

No one expects this team to last during 18 straight Acc games even though the conference is not what it used to be. We will falter on the road and we have no home court advantage. Wellman knows this as well but he is in denial.

Back