• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW More on the Buzz Conundrum

Ron and Jeff would read numbers' post and thinks that numbers would like to have sexual intercourse with them.

Yeah I'm not saying that a reasonable person would think that a statement on a message board during a basketball game about the head coach of the team down by 25 saying "I want him to die" is a threat, I'm just saying I can see how this probably falls under the uncivil category.

Yeah I'm not saying that a reasonable person would think that a statement on a message board during a basketball game about the head coach of the team down by 25 saying "I want him to die" is a threat, I'm just saying I can see how this probably falls under the uncivil category.

Apparently they're taking something as a threat.

If that's the kind of "incivility" at issue, when haven't message boards been uncivil?

We've reached the point where I've realized Wellman TRULY DOES NOT CARE whether 14,000 or 14 people attend our games. He just doesn't.

We are in the process of a systematic dismantling of our Division I status in college athletics. Hell, they've made this quite clear with "Win the Right Way", "Not Compromise our Values", "Culture" etc...
I guess they were passing us a note all along and we just refused to read it.

Honestly, I've about moved on and have grasped the notion that Wake really no longer intends to compete at the highest of athletic levels. Apparently, there are agendas
at work here to which none of us are privy. It's a shame Wake Forest sports has been reduced to this but the reality of this situation has become quite clear.

They simply don't give a fuck what ANY of us think, feel or say.

I do have one problem with that article...I hate the media making it sound like the fan base is split down the middle. It's not. In fact, it's not close. The VAST majority of Wake fans are BuzzOut. Articles like this make it seem like 50% of the fan base wants him back.

If that's the kind of "incivility" at issue, when haven't message boards been uncivil?

When haven't people been uncivil?

Skins, good point. Dan makes BuzzInners sound like an oppressed silent near majority.

Yeah I'm responding to the argument that a couple people are putting forth saying or asking what has been "uncivil." Some things have obviously been uncivil, I don't know how anybody can really say otherwise. Some people don't care that it's uncivil and some people do, but to say that nothing has broached that line of civility is ridiculous.

We've reached the point where I've realized Wellman TRULY DOES NOT CARE whether 14,000 or 14 people attend our games. He just doesn't.

We are in the process of a systematic dismantling of our Division I status in college athletics. Hell, they've made this quite clear with "Win the Right Way", "Not Compromise our Values", "Culture" etc...
I guess they were passing us a note all along and we just refused to read it.

Honestly, I've about moved on and have grasped the notion that Wake really no longer intends to compete at the highest of athletic levels. Apparently, there are agendas
at work here to which none of us are privy. It's a shame Wake Forest sports has been reduced to this but the reality of this situation has become quite clear.

They simply don't give a fuck what ANY of us think, feel or say.

I still want to know what was so compromised it came to this??????

I do have one problem with that article...I hate the media making it sound like the fan base is split down the middle. It's not. In fact, it's not close. The VAST majority of Wake fans are BuzzOut. Articles like this make it seem like 50% of the fan base wants him back.

That is an excellent point. I promise if you took a poll of all alums, fans, etc. it would be 80 to 90 percent Bzzzout. The unfortunate part is that 10 percent or so of BzzzIn seem to be the few that matter.

Only a fools hope left at this point. But, the fact that Wellman is to busy to address the issue now also speaks to his lack of concern and lack of touch to the fan base. If he is retaining this guy, then he should feel good about it and put out the memo. It is not like he does not already have a contract in place. If Wellman is really behind him, he should have five minutes to put out a memo. All this boils down to the real issue and where the focus should not go: Wellmanout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wham. If he is staying just say it Ron. Unless his goal is to just piss off the fan base even more.

Bring some transparency to this situation, Ron. If you've made up your mind, at least own up to it. And while you're at it, set some crystal-clear, unchanging expectations and put them on the record.

The conspiracy theory makes me laugh. Dan just called for Bz to be fired yesterday. Did that come from the AD too?

It's pretty simple, I think. Collins isn't the kind of guy who likes calling for people to be fired. He has a working relationship with these guys. So Dan feels bad about having to do it, and wants at the very least separate himself from the more obnoxious BzzOuters. That's all.

I read yesterday someone saying they'd like to take a rifle over to Bzz's house, or something like that. Yeah, it's all tongue in cheek I'm sure, but it definitely made me cringe.

When facts all point in one direction it means that either you have an uninformed opinion or it is no longer opinion based and the position you are taking is also a fact. The fact here is that if you look at everything on firebz.com there is nothing left to say and Buzz should be fired. The problem is that the people in charge are unwilling to listen, and others are so subservient simply because "In Ron We Trust" or misinformation based off of things like "culture" that people have felt the need to rise beyond just the facts, make noise and not simply say Excuse me good sir, I do believe that Jeff [Redacted] should not be our coach, please look at firebz.com because for the people you are arguing with apparently facts don't matter.

That's a pretty good article by Dan and I completely concur. He has done a great job analyzing and putting his finger on where the Wake fan base is, and that's all we can ask from him as a fan base.

I do think that the vitriol displayed by some folks towards Jeff [Redacted] undermines the effectiveness of the movement as a whole because it allows us all to be painted as crazy fans instead of the ones with all the facts and statistics.

Agreed. DiscoDanIn!

Numbers, I read these boards regularly, and maybe I've become habituated to the use of uncivil language traditionally used on this board. I don't see any difference between the hostile language sometimes used against Bzz and that used against other miscellaneous personages found deficient by posters. I'm sure the hardcore on TOS believes this board to be uncouth and crass, but that is standard for this venue. When the level of invective is high to begin with, it's invalid to use that level as evidence of incivility on a particular issue like Bzz. It's sort of like calibrating a lie detector test.

Also:

Many of them, gasp, didn't even go to Wake, so why should they even care in the first place. (The latter position is particularly disingenuous considering how much a school as small as Wake relies on non-alums for support).

^ Hate that "you didn't go here" nonsense.

I wonder if Wellman really does believe he's doing what is right for Wake Forest by retaining Bzzz or if he really realizes Bzzz needs to go, but because of pride and arrogance he's keeping him around just because he's so desperate to be proven right and he's hoping somehow Bzzz does turn things around if he stays long enough?

I totally agree with ELC. This is RW's way of putting us in the "lunatic fringe" in our place.

I was unaware of the post-Maryland game incident, and while I would not choose that course, I completely understand the emotion that provoked it.

I think everyone on the board has been remarkably civil.

Back