• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASA's Curiosity Rover - Touchdown confirmed. 21-0 Duke

I think they should charge people $10,000 to be able to control the Mars rover with your iPhone for an hour.

Screw funding NASA, fund yourselves. You put a fucking SUV on Mars and you can't figure out how to make money outside of IMAX movies?

No way. Women have iPhones and can't even manage to drive their own goddamned cars as it is.

I think they should charge people $10,000 to be able to control the Mars rover with your iPhone for an hour.

Screw funding NASA, fund yourselves. You put a fucking SUV on Mars and you can't figure out how to make money outside of IMAX movies?

I would definitely do this. They could make an app that would allow you to program a route over an hour and do any number of activities. Then, they would send the package up in a queue and you'd get to watch as it was happening.

I laughed.

daily-morning-awesomeness-43.jpg

I would definitely do this. They could make an app that would allow you to program a route over an hour and do any number of activities. Then, they would send the package up in a queue and you'd get to watch as it was happening.

It could be like the Nascar onboard cam. A little pop up with your picture/stats would be in the upper corner on CNN. I'm in.

Or have the Mars rover write your name on Mars in rocks or some shit and get a high def picture of it to frame. $5,000.

And it's from a camera that's still stowed away (why the image had to be rotated) and has the dust filters on it.

I'm getting worried that TWDeac hasn't posted a color photo yet, is he alive?

674289main_pia16005-43_946-710.jpg

Clear Views on MarsThis image comparison shows a view through a Hazard-Avoidance camera on NASA's Curiosity rover before and after the clear dust cover was removed. Both images were taken by a camera at the front of the rover. Mount Sharp, the mission's ultimate destination, looms ahead.

The view on the left, with the dust cover on, is one quarter of full resolution, while the view on the right is full resolution. Full-resolution images taken with the dust cover still on are not available at this time.

The only other instrument on Curiosity with a dust cover is the Mars Hand Lens Imager (or MAHLI), located on the rover's arm. In this case, the dust cover is not removed but will be opened when needed. This way, the instrument is protected from dust that may be generated from other tools on the rover's arm, in addition to wind-blown dust.

We're the aliens, man. We're totally the aliens!

We're getting a 360 color panorama tomorrow. OFY

They are taking it today, but it won't be transmitted and processed until tomorrow, I don't think.

674848main_pia16012-43_946-710.jpg

Deck image made up of a bunch of 64x64 pictures. Done to check for damage, dust, etc.. The full version will be downlinked tonight.

674896main_pia16013-43_946-710.jpg

Awesome first full picture. In the foreground you can see the exhaust marks from the Sky Crane craft.

When the mast is raised, will we then see color? I mean, for fuck's sake, it's not like they launched this shit in the 60s. They launched it a few years ago, and without Ansel Adams on board.

lol

Back