• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

He isn't signing an extension because he gets more money in full FA. A misstep in the new CBA imo. He will stay in LA.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI
Magic will save something like $7.5M in '12 salary in this deal and get way under tax, so there's that! Hooray for that!

lol

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Oh by the way, Dwight, Kobe, Nash, Pau & Metta visit the @HoustonRockets on December 4. #AsikWillBeReady

How so? My understanding is Bird rights = more guaranteed money. I can't see him turning down an extra guaranteed year.

He will stay with the Lakers because they have his Bird Rights and he already said he is amenable to them, my point was more that the new CBA encourages max players to hit full FA rather than sign an extension which makes it a more precarious proposition for smaller teams to keep their marquee FAs.... something the owners and Stern set out to curb in the new deal.

The example here is the Lakers, but if the Bobcats had a superstar it would make more sense for him to wait out his contract than sign an extension... which is harrowing if you are Bobcats management, even with his Bird rights.

If the Sixers can sign Bynum to an extension, they could be good for a few years.

Man, reflecting on this Hennigan absolutely bricked. Tough situation for a 1st time 30-year-old GM but geez... At least Stern will probably bail them out with the #1 pick in 2013.

Yeah... I know Arlington was really into "Houston's deal is a poo poo platter," but Houston's deal would have been 10x better than this. Hennigan fail.

Final Nets offer Orlando rejected in July: Lopez, Humphries (1 year, $9.6M), Brooks, 4 unprotected No. 1's for Howard, JRich, Duhon, Clark.

Looking back, this is crazy. Hennigan!!!

Man could you imagine a Heat Lakers Finals? Kobe, Howard, Nash, Gasol, LeBron, Wade, bosh, etc all on the court. Stern's already placed the calls to make this happen.

Pretty sure Orlando turned down gasol for a pick.

This is obviously a great trade for Denver the lakers and Philly. Bynum was possibly never going to re-up with the makers after this off season.

Not sure by Orlando didn't take Houston's offer over this one

I thInk the lakers will struggle a bit early as I don't think Dwight is available until December. Though he could get dramatically healthy now that the trade is done. Lakers are gonna be like Miami two are ago. Underachieving until the last month of the year. Then look out. Watch the spurs. They Might try and trade Dujuan Blair for a bigger body. I think that would be a mistake as there is nobody they could get for him that could push on Howard better than Blair. Let Howard beat you with jump hooks

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals (cont.)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.

Morey went down swinging. I guess he'll set his sights on Bynum/Howard again at the trade deadline.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Based on what I've been told Houston pretty clearly had a better offer -- including a guaranteed lotto pick. Frustrating day for Rox.

Back