• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

successful people realize their mistakes and faults. they don't average down on losing trades.
manning always blamed someone else. lack of paint touches. lack of free throws. players not executing. it was NEVER his fault.
that's why he will never be even an average coach.

This will get publicity but LOVE this Forbes quote:

“In 1981 I got a job at McDonald’s. 20 years later I was recruiting McDonald’s all-Americans. I signed a couple. But most of my life I’ve just signed Burger King all-Americans who want to kick McDonald’s all-American’s ass.”

I know very little about Forbes. If he is the pick. His background does not seem very Wake Forest. Never coached at a private university. Let alone a quality university with high academic standards. Most of the places he has coached enroll any student that graduates HS. His pedigree seems to be attached to coaches with questionable character. He does not seem to be an intellect. He seems to be a ball coach. His demeanor reminds me of the BC football coach that just got fired. He definitely does not come across as a Clawson. I could see why Currie may favor him... He knows him and his loyalty will be to him. Wes Miller’s family connections are above Currie, Thad and Beilein require big money (big risk to Currie if they fail), Kelsey to intermingled to Wellman’s legacy, and any Duke coach is a Dukie. The save play may be Forbes, but he seems to be a round peg that will not fit into a square university.

I'd take Miller over Forbes. Forbes has relied on lots of Jucos. Cannot replicate that at Wake Forest.

Rivals talks about Forbes reliance on Juco’s and academic exceptions at ETSU. The guy is rough around the edges, much more than Staak was. And 55 is too old. Big disappointment that we didn’t get Miller or Kelsey. Matta was out because of his health.

^ These people are the reason we've sucked for the last decade

And if Forbes brings this kid home, and the NCAA does its proposed free transfer this year, there might be some excitement in the Joel when we have basketball back.

I was thinking the same thing, I teach at his HS here in Winston and our coach re-tweets ETSU posts daily. Apparently he's a legit draft prospect.

https://www.etsubucs.com/mbasketball/roster/2019-20/10408/daivien-williamson/

successful people realize their mistakes and faults. they don't average down on losing trades.
manning always blamed someone else. lack of paint touches. lack of free throws. players not executing. it was NEVER his fault.
that's why he will never be even an average coach.

Sounds a lot like our Commander In Chief and he says that he is the most successful person ever....

Wish the presser was today. Feel like a lot can happen in 24 hours

It's a different time. Takes a while to get everyone together for virtual meetings since they aren't on campus, and those still need to happen with ETSU kids and Wake kids. The timing isn't a big deal...this whole thing has moved a light speed. Rumors that there will be something official later today with the PC tomorrow.

The buyout issue is now in the hands of the attorneys. As originally reported last week, once it became obvious that DM would not negotiate the ridiculous buyout clause given to him by RW and was intent on retaining his job as our HC, he was notified that he would be relieved of his responsibilities and would not receive the buyout. He was given 24 hours to decide if the announcement would be positioned as a mutual decision or a termination. He decided to fight it.

IMO we should now turn our attention to welcoming Steve Forbes and the dawn of a rebirth of WFUMBB!

Guys its not LK's fault, leave him alone!!!

It's

I've been day drinking for about 7 weeks now.

Leads to

LOL. Les made guesses just like everyone else. Only difference is he put it behind a paywall and sheep like you actually pay for it.

Resulting in

Based on the hate mail I've received on this, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry and will refrain from sounding off about it going forward.

6d1cdfaa19df877943eaeacbf05957a2.jpg

Back