• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

It's amazing how bad Wellman was. I mean we knew it, but to see how it should be right in front of our eyes. Fuck you, Wellman.

It's amazing how bad Wellman was. I mean we knew it, but to see how it should be right in front of our eyes. Fuck you, Wellman.

Going from Wellman to Currie is like a supercharged version of going from Grobe to Clawson. From an old checked out bummer to a young energized Big Swinging D.

Ironically, it may be the APR/Academics focus of the contract that allowed us to walk away with "only" paying $7.5M to Manning.

Now obviously a contract that would ever owe a coach like Manning $15M is horrible to begin with, but it's quite interesting if that's how it works out.

So basically Currie gave the boards its whole wish list:

-Fired Manning
-Told him to fuck off with the buyout
-Conducted a fast/focused search with little drama
-Got notable basketball alumni involved
-Hired a proven winner with big time recruiting experience

-Fired Manning

GOAT CURRIE

6d1cdfaa19df877943eaeacbf05957a2.jpg

Something I shared with several people here for about 36 hours. But then again, I couldn't possibly have known this.

-Fired Manning

:circlejerk:
:golfclap::dancindeac::thumbsup:

The buyout issue is now in the hands of the attorneys. As originally reported last week, once it became obvious that DM would not negotiate the ridiculous buyout clause given to him by RW and was intent on retaining his job as our HC, he was notified that he would be relieved of his responsibilities and would not receive the buyout. He was given 24 hours to decide if the announcement would be positioned as a mutual decision or a termination. He decided to fight it.

IMO we should now turn our attention to welcoming Steve Forbes and the dawn of a rebirth of WFUMBB!

Wake Forest could recoup the entire $15 Million if they allowed the Ron Wellman deposition in this matter to be televised via pay-per-view. I'd watch that shit.

-Fired Manning

I guess the first 150 pages of this thread don’t count.

But now you know there was a man named John Currie and he saved Wake Forest. In every way that an athletics program can be saved.

Also for a year RJ has been telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And it came true

Damn! I'm pumped up! Finally something to be excited about! Neath & Sarr should be excited to play for this guy... so come on back!

I think the part I am most happy about is the news that we told him to fuck off about the buyout.

I guess the first 150 pages of this thread don’t count.

Currie clearly did alot of prep this past year. Board drama is fun times. There was no drama for Currie, though. Could you imagine how this board would be through a NCSU hire?

Ironically, it may be the APR/Academics focus of the contract that allowed us to walk away with "only" paying $7.5M to Manning.

Now obviously a contract that would ever owe a coach like Manning $15M is horrible to begin with, but it's quite interesting if that's how it works out.

"AP what? Class? That's a thing? Never had to do that a kansas. Pay me... anyway?"

Back