• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions

dot com

Reaction score
This email came yesterday, surprised I hadn't seen discussion. Any idea what their concession offerings will probably look like? Gotta be better than Aramark, right?

It is a pleasure to announce that the Wake Forest University Athletic Department has reached an agreement with Ovations Food Service to provide catering and concessions services at all of our athletic venues.

With the purchase of the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum that should be completed this summer, it is important to consolidate all catering and concessions operations at each of our venues under the umbrella of a single entity. A number of companies bid on the contract, and we have awarded that contract to Ovations Food Service, one of the national leaders in food services.

Ovations is a nationally-recognized company whose purpose is to deliver fresh food and beverage with exceptional services to stadiums and arenas throughout the United States and Canada. There are over 120 properties that rely on Ovations to handle their catering and concessions needs including Texas Tech, Colorado State, VCU, George Mason and Fresno State. Ovations also services a number of major and minor league teams including the Colorado Rockies, Philadelphia Flyers, Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars and venues such as the Greensboro Coliseum and the Gator Bowl.

By bringing in a national company in Ovations, we will consolidate all of our catering and concessions operations under one organization. This will benefit our fans by offering a greater selection of food items both at the concessions stands and when hosting a catered event at Bridger Field House, Deacon Tower or in the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Ovations will provide a fresh, quality and value-driven food service program at all of our venues.

While a national company, Ovations will make an impact locally by selecting fresh food choices from local farms, producers and small businesses. Ovations will also hire locally to help ensure a smooth transition in taking over our food operations.

Ovations will begin operations at Wake Forest this summer and will assume responsibilities for concessions services at the Coliseum this fall and at BB&T Field by January 1, 2014. Part of the transition will include evaluating all of our food offerings and customer service options in order to provide the best fan experience available.

Ovations will be an excellent partner who will add positively to our fans and guests' experiences.

Aramark seemed like a good fit for our athletic program.

DCDeac with the Roundhouse right!

from the title I thought we had decided to just concede to other schools instead of wasting everyone's time by playing games we know we'll lose.

ovations has been very expensive for anything I've tried to do at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex and you have no choice but to use them...though that could be the same for aramark for all i know

Ovations will begin operations at Wake Forest this summer and will assume responsibilities for concessions services at the Coliseum this fall and at BB&T Field by January 1, 2014.

Good to see they will be able to handle concession services at BB&T Field for all of the events between January and August 2014.

"Come fill your tummy while we keep on losing" Gotta be a good catch phrase there somewhere...

so, does that mean the menu will change at Deacon Tower?

I believe Ovations also does work in the Greensboro Coliseum if you've been there.

ETA I'm an idiot and it says that in the OP. For what it's worth, the food (imo) at the Coliseum isn't that bad and does have more variety than at the Joel.

Great tag re: the smelly cups.

I remember first noticing the stinky cups in Ben Mauk's freshman year. I don't know if I bought a drink last year, but they definitely still stunk the year before. It's the craziest thing.

"This will benefit our fans by offering a greater selection of food items both at the concessions stands and when hosting a catered event."

When listing the benefits of a monopoly, the availability of a wide variety of goods and services is pretty far down the list.

It's like when the online Deacon Shop took everything offline right before the holidays so that the only thing you could buy in December 2006 was an ACC championship t shirt. "In order to serve you better..."

No SAT requirement rears its ugly head again.

I can't imagine Catered Affairs is too happy about this. I'm pretty sure they work solely with Wake and are also officed there. Wonder what went down there where they couldn't match what Ovations was bringing in.

Still Free Hot Dog Night at every home game, guys! Gotta get that 11 percent attendance increase.

I can't imagine Catered Affairs is too happy about this. I'm pretty sure they work solely with Wake and are also officed there. Wonder what went down there where they couldn't match what Ovations was bringing in.

Besides the fact that Ovations is a national company, with likely cheaper ingredients, and is contracted to supply concessions for all of our sports venues?

I took my five year old to see Wake play UNCG in the Greensboro Coliseum this past season. He asked if he could have some candy so we walked around the concessions and couldn't find any for sale. Hopefully Ovations does a better job at the Joel and BB&T.

Back