• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Disco Dan article on Coach Manning

I've been lukewarm about Manning to date, but his responses/answers there were really impressive. I love that he has a vision of where he wants to take Wake basketball and knows the path he wants to take in order to get there.

A vision? A path? For WAKE basketball? Holy shit - that's something we haven't seen in years.

He's gonna crack some skulls and I like it.

"“Up tempo, aggressive,” Manning explained. “We’re going to be smart, but for the most part we want to be a team that defensively we’re disruptive, that we’re a disruptive defensive team. Honestly, we want to allow one contested shot and then we want to get the ball up in transition; we want to push the ball in transition."

This quote sounds like he might use Tree's D more next year.

Tree's D would work better in lacrosse in which he could be subbed out on the fly after a stop for a better offensive player.

I like that he's injecting a new attitude into the program. My KU bud said he was going to play a physical defensive style not normally seen in the ACC by the likes of Ratface and Roy. That made me smile. Now whether that means we become a juggernaut or Georgia Tech under Paul Hewitt remains to be seen. Of course, Hewitt did get GT to an NCAA Championship game.

I like that he's injecting a new attitude into the program. My KU bud said he was going to play a physical defensive style not normally seen in the ACC by the likes of Ratface and Roy. That made me smile. Now whether that means we become a juggernaut or Georgia Tech under Paul Hewitt remains to be seen. Of course, Hewitt did get GT to an NCAA Championship game.

I hope we can make an NCAAt game at this point, much less a final four.

I like that he's injecting a new attitude into the program. My KU bud said he was going to play a physical defensive style not normally seen in the ACC by the likes of Ratface and Roy .

Can't wait for the entire team to get fouled out of Cameron and the Nose Dome.

What a difference. A coach who has a plan and will strive to implement it vs. one who had no plan and was clueless as to how to implement anything other than failure.

Manning said:
“Up tempo, aggressive,” Manning explained. “We’re going to be smart, but for the most part we want to be a team that defensively we’re disruptive, that we’re a disruptive defensive team. Honestly, we want to allow one contested shot and then we want to get the ball up in transition; we want to push the ball in transition.

OODA loop...i like

One thing I'm starting to see with Danny that I like is the attitude of "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out....".

I don't see coddling, creepy rubbing of shoulders or "'how can I make you better" behaviors from Mr. Manning. It's very clear. It's his way or the highway.

Just like Clawson, I have no idea if DM will be a great coach. But, I do like the attitude. I do like the fact that HE actually takes the responsibility for this program. Unlike [Redacted]

well hell the talent level may be questionable the next few years, but at least i wont be cheering for losses. thats worth something. LAY THAT FOUNDATION.

Back