• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New NFL Uni's coming this Week

So long, Dolphins helmet gif

endless-dolphin.gif

Don't like the Dolphins helmets at all. Who would think that a weird thing like whether the dolphin has a C shape or a more flat, wavy shape would make such a difference?

Like I said earlier, Nike is destroying the look of the NFL. Just terrible.

I'm not a fan of any of those unis. Only the teams with the "classic" looks will be pleased with their nike uniforms.

Dolphins need an orange jersey alternative

It's "Coral", and no, the coral jerseys were an abomination almost as bad as the new logo. These uniforms need more coral trim to them... it seems like it is almost completely gone. Aside from that, I don't think the unis are bad. Better than the Jags ones anyway. But the logo absolutely ruins everything. It is horrendous.

The old Dolphin Logo was somewhat Iconic... there was no change that could've been made that people really would have liked. Agreed that the Coral jersey was an abomination and also agree that a bit more coral trim would be nice.

My understanding is that the Dolphins wanted to use less coral to distance themselves from the Marlins. The Dolphins are looking for some minor public funding for stadium renovations at SunLife and any linking to the Marlins can only hurt in that aspect.

And yes...most of the stuff i post comes from UniWatch...i've never said otherwise, and have indicated as such in much older posts.... I just post it here for those people who don't visit there regularly... so for the d-bag that keeps making snide references about uniwatch... feel better ?

the Jags helmets are just awful. just awful. As bad as the flying elvis on the patriots shoulders in the mid 90s

iconically bad

New Vikes unis are okay. The Jags are better than what they've had the last 2-3 seasons, but that's saying nothing. Still don't like them. What was wrong with their original unis that they wore for the 1st 12 or so seasons? Those were some of the best in the NFL - the black helmet, the teal jersey with gold and black and the white pants - or the road all whites or occasionally the white jersey with the black pants. As for the Phins, the new helmets (the dolphin in particular) are awful. And they got rid of the black outlining of the numbers, which really helped the overall look.

Not a fan of any of these. Especially the helmets.... Sigh.

I kind of like the helmets, I'm almost embarrassed to admit. I bet you see 10-15 college teams with these helmets year after next.

Jags unis are an improvement but still busch league compared to the rest of the NFL because of the teal jerseys and arena league numbering. The gold helmet and black jersey combination is nice but the numbering is pretty awful.

The Dolphins uniform change is awful. They've gone from a classic/unique logo and uniform to a completely generic and boring look with the slimmed-down and slanty Nike lettering. Removing the orange stripe from the pants (and most of the orange from the uniform in general) just gives the uniform no pop. They would have been much better off going along with a concept like this, including the orange jersey.

miami-dolphins-nike-uniforms.jpg

This is why you don't mess with what's not broken! These new uni's suck hard.

Wake has the best looking uni's in all of college football and better not tamper with them!

This is why you don't mess with what's not broken! These new uni's suck hard.

Wake has the best looking uni's in all of college football and better not tamper with them!

Whoops!

I like the Dolphins uniforms frankly. The worst logo in the NFL and it is not even close is the Patriots. Their whole uniform + helmet bites

The dolphins are bland and forgettable, which isn't good. There is no character, there is nothing fun about them.

The jags are just WAY too busy. The Vikes are ok.

The trouble is that jerseys are getting smaller and smaller. Lack of real estate is challenging designers. They can't really do anything with sleeves anymore, as they're essentially gone. I like what Northwestern did last year.

northwestern-uniforms_640_344_s_c1_center_top_0_0.jpg

Times change, but you don't have to go ugly or bland because of it.

Back