• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newest MTOW by Dan

Funny, Dan doesn't seem to know about Josh Harris. Hmmm. . . .

Tacy twice had to pull the Deacons out of the ditch, which only goes to show he didn't recruit as consistently as he needed in order to maintain a competitive edge.

same could have been said for Odom's post Tim-pre Darius recruiting

Over the past 25 years I would rate the 5+ player recruiting classes as follows:

1) 1991 - RoRo, Chill, Tree, Blucas, King, Doggett
2) 1998 - Darius, Dawson, Hicks, Scott, Murray
3) 2002 - JGray, EW, Strick, Ellis, Joyce
4) 2006 - Ish, LD, Chase, Skeen, Gurley, Crawford
5) 1997 - Rok, Vid, Pumpfaker, McMillan, Arinze, Griffin
6) 2010 - Travis, Carson, Tony, JTT, Melvin,

Right now I would rate the 2012 class similar to the 2006 class

The real key, as Dan alluded to, in most of the prior resurgences has been the following class. 1998 was followed by J-Ho, 2002 was followed by Paul & Visser, 2007 was followed by JT & JJ. Not sure we have that type of player in our 2013 class.

Last edited:
Are you rating them by what they did at Wake? Or what they did overall?

DC is wrong in that the Rogers/Chill class is c/o 1990, not 1991.

Dan is using the latter of the freshmen year - Ivy, Kitley, Black etc were all freshmen for 86/87 season (my freshmen year) and Dan classified them as 87. AT&T were 08/09 and he referred to them as 09. Rogers/Chill were 90/91, so I think he's being consistent.

Devin is a Trelonnie, hopefully better.

I certainly think he (Devin) has the potential to be even better than TO in terms of production. But I really see no similarity in their games at this point at all. TO was like a poor man's Duncan in that he could play with his back to the basket (despite being a bit undersized), liked the bank shot and was a decent rebounder. But until Devin learns how to hit the baseline jumper from 8 feet and the FT line elbow jumper consistently, they're really nothing alike.

But I reckon you were referring to production / output, not similarity of game.

Speaking of Tree: didn't know he got into coaching in 2011: http://www.wwaytv3.com/2011/06/06/b...s-named-assistant-basketball-coach-south-view

Definitely a friendly guy and I enjoyed chatting with him a few times in Speech Comm class.

I was talking about level of player, the same way Dan was I assume.

same could have been said for Odom's post Tim-pre Darius recruiting

Over the past 25 years I would rate the 5+ player recruiting classes as follows:

1) 1991 - RoRo, Chill, Tree, Blucas, King, Doggett
2) 1998 - Darius, Dawson, Hicks, Scott, Murray
3) 2002 - JGray, EW, Strick, Ellis, Joyce
4) 2006 - Ish, LD, Chase, Skeen, Gurley, Crawford
5) 1997 - Rok, Vid, Pumpfaker, McMillan, Arinze, Griffin
6) 2010 - Travis, Carson, Tony, JTT, Melvin,

Right now I would rate the 2012 class similar to the 2006 class

The real key, as Dan alluded to, in most of the prior resurgences has been the following class. 1998 was followed by J-Ho, 2002 was followed by Paul & Visser, 2007 was followed by JT & JJ. Not sure we have that type of player in our 2013 class.

We have like 5th year transfer out of like Charlotte college or something, and an injured kid. Not bad, if you had sweet 16 team with everyone returning..

In that article wasn't it Robert Siler who was derailed by injuries not Dogget?

Back