• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

@CONeill what have you heard so far about Cdarius Kelly? Also would I be wrong to think that Clawson prefers to find transfers from the lower tiers rather than go after P5 guys? We have talked in the past about how many P5 guys who transfer often need to find somewhere with less competition to see the field, but that isn't necessarily all of them. In the past Clawson has gone after P5 guys, but he seems to have totally eschewed that this off season.

@CONeill what have you heard so far about Cdarius Kelly? Also would I be wrong to think that Clawson prefers to find transfers from the lower tiers rather than go after P5 guys? We have talked in the past about how many P5 guys who transfer often need to find somewhere with less competition to see the field, but that isn't necessarily all of them. In the past Clawson has gone after P5 guys, but he seems to have totally eschewed that this off season.
I mean, he seems like a solid addition. He'll probably be in the rotation. The most upside of the addition honestly might be age and experience because CB is such a young position.

There are benefits to taking lower-level guys over P5 guys. Some have to do with facilities/resource upgrades, some are as simple as taking players from those levels who come from good coaching staffs. I've had FCS players tell me it's all kind of equal other than the size/athleticism of linemen.

But if Wake Forest could pluck a returning starter from a P5 team to replace one, it would.

Sometimes a physically mature 23 year old that understands scheme and leverage is a lot better than a high upside 18 or 19 year old that forgets he is supposed to be in zone coverage.

He was beat out...and up, more than once, in a winnable game vs Duke, against a 3rd string freshman QB. He then made costly penalties. We can have other guys do that. See ya.

Yeah, DaShawn Jones is not replacing Terrion Arnold or KoolAid McKinstry. If he's more than a rotation guy there, Bama's got a problem.

Yeah, DaShawn Jones is not replacing Terrion Arnold or KoolAid McKinstry. If he's more than a rotation guy there, Bama's got a problem.
Think Bama has a problem. One of Bama's rags had an article that they had a true frosh starting at one CB spot, and not surprisingly, he struggled this Spring. So, a red alert went out to find CBs. The article also made it sound like Bama may not be finished in looking for CBs in the portal. So, very possible, Jones could be recruited over.

Was at Purdue for two years. Did not play in a game. Academic all Big Ten one year.

Looks like he was a walkon at Purdue. Is that also the case here?

Back