• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Dixie is a nickname for the populated, lower-elevation area of south-central Washington County, the southwest corner of the State of Utah. The area lies in the northeastern Mojave Desert, south of Black Ridge and west of the Hurricane Cliffs. Its winter climate is significantly more mild than the rest of Utah.

Originally settled by Southern Paiutes, the area became part of the United States after the Mexican–American War. In 1854, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints moved to the area to establish Brigham Young's intended Indian mission in the region.[1] After arrival, the settlers began growing cotton and other temperate cash crops in and around Santa Clara, Utah. By 1860, the Paiute population had declined due to disease from and displacement by the new settlers.[2][3]

Because of the warmer climate, the importance of cotton, and the origin of some early settlers, the area was nicknamed "Dixie,” referencing Dixie, the nickname for the southern states of United States that seceded and formed the Confederate States of America, which lost the American Civil War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah's_Dixie

Probably worse than that. We have to win the Cal game to have any chance of making a bowl.

Schedule is tough be cause we have some really tough opponents at home and some more even matchups on the road, so we won't get much out of homefield advantage this season.

Home:

NC A&T
UVA

Ole Miss
Louisiana
Clemson
Cal
Duke

Away:

NC State
UConn
Stanford

UNC-CH
Miami

I think we go 5-7 or 4-8. Should have built the Clawson stature a couple of years ago while the bowl streak was still intact.
Not out of the realm of possibilities that we go 7-5 with this schedule, we can lose two at home, and only need to steal two on the road.

If Bach is a good decision maker, and can make a few decent throws, its very possible.

I think I will be ok this summer . . . . "Woooo-sah"

1716311639865.png

Back