• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Ya Claiborne is a stud im behind getting him the ball as much as possible. Could be as dangerous as almost anyone in the country if we can consistently get him space.
As goes the offensive line, so goes the offense. Can the beef boys 4.0(?) Give Bachmeier/Kern enough time to find the receivers? Can they make decent holes for Claiborne (and Carney et al)? IMHO, the D will keep Wake in some games. The offense won't need to match the video game numbers of Sam's last two years. However, if the O can hit 30 against some of the teams on the schedule, going bowling is realistic. If not, then a bowl game is not likely for the 2024 season.

I still feel good about the WRs.

Fields, Greene, and Morin are a good first 3. I am high on Deuce in the slot after Morin. Would like to see what Mays can do.

Also I think we’ll see the RBs in the passing game plan more, so getting Claiborne out in space can do some great things.
lets not forget, Merrill and Melvin, with Deuce and Mays, they give me even more hope at WR!

Hard for Wake to get to 6-6 with Ole Miss on the schedule this year.

North Carolina A&T - W
Virginia - W
Ole Miss - L
Louisiana - W
NC State - L
Clemson - L
UConn - W
Stanford - W
Cal - L
North Carolina - L
Miami - L
Duke - W
Wasn't Cal bad last year?

I think the offense will be just fine. WR and RB will be a strength. QB play will be back to expected levels. It might not be the high ceiling of Wolford's senior year and Hartman at his best, but it should be pretty solid. O-line will be fine if healthy, just don't know if there is any depth.

D-line will be really good. Linebacker will be pretty solid. I have no idea what to expect from the secondary. That could be an issue.

I still feel good about the WRs.

Fields, Greene, and Morin are a good first 3. I am high on Deuce in the slot after Morin. Would like to see what Mays can do.

Also I think we’ll see the RBs in the passing game plan more, so getting Claiborne out in space can do some great things.
Ok yes, I get this we should still be solid at WR, but then given all the other holes we have on the roster, why did the coaching staff go after multiple WRs in the portal? Thats something I don't necessarily understand.

They got portal WRs when the WR corps was strong and experienced.

As goes the offensive line, so goes the offense. Can the beef boys 4.0(?) Give Bachmeier/Kern enough time to find the receivers? Can they make decent holes for Claiborne (and Carney et al)? IMHO, the D will keep Wake in some games. The offense won't need to match the video game numbers of Sam's last two years. However, if the O can hit 30 against some of the teams on the schedule, going bowling is realistic. If not, then a bowl game is not likely for the 2024 season.
Yep, absolutely. The offense will be as good as the O-line is, and not measurably better.

Still too small across the board. Our best chance to W at Syracuse due to their coach being fired and having 3 rotating QBs. O with Kern played well enough to W. D was terrible. Our D was beat so many times in the passing game and with the long ball, we looked like HS players. When Syracuse needed short yards for a 1st down or TDs, they just plowed and ran over us. One QB was a TE and about 235, IIRC.

I haven't looked at Miami's schedule but how could you not nail the under?

And there goes one of the best opportunities for a Wake Forest all name team guy.

googled Utah Tech and was surprised to learn it's actually a D1 program

was called Dixie State University until a couple years ago

Still too small across the board. Our best chance to W at Syracuse due to their coach being fired and having 3 rotating QBs. O with Kern played well enough to W. D was terrible. Our D was beat so many times in the passing game and with the long ball, we looked like HS players. When Syracuse needed short yards for a 1st down or TDs, they just plowed and ran over us. One QB was a TE and about 235, IIRC.

Yes, we need players at all levels, bit bad defensive backs, think Magruder, leads to lots of points on easy throws by our opponents.

CB is so crucial.

About as good/bad as GT and VT

Probably worse than that. We have to win the Cal game to have any chance of making a bowl.

Schedule is tough be cause we have some really tough opponents at home and some more even matchups on the road, so we won't get much out of homefield advantage this season.

Home:

NC A&T
UVA
Ole Miss
Louisiana
Clemson
Cal
Duke

Away:

NC State
UConn
Stanford
UNC-CH
Miami

I think we go 5-7 or 4-8. Should have built the Clawson stature a couple of years ago while the bowl streak was still intact.

Always thought it was odd that "Dixie State" was located in Utah. The school changed its name from Dixie State to Utah Tech in 2021.

Just looked the school up on Wiki, and for awhile, the school went "all in" on the "Dixie" name:

The Dixie College sports teams were called the Rebels starting in 1952 and a Confederate soldier was used as a mascot starting in 1956.[26] Until 1994, the university used the Confederate Battle Flag as a school symbol (and for a time, still used a reminiscent pattern of stripes with stars after dropping it),[27] and the yearbook was called The Confederate.[28][29][15] The Salt Lake Tribune described the yearbooks containing "troubling photos, some as late as the early 1990s", in which "White students sing in black face, dress as Confederate soldiers, stage slave auctions and affectionately display the Confederate battle standard."[15]

Wow, that must have been fun to explain during the recruiting process.

Back