• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Alabama should have to give us one of their players if they’re going to take one. Fair is fair.

I think that’s pretty optimistic. I find it hard to see how we could even be decent. Obviously would prefer to be wrong, I just think there are so many players that would need to show huge improvement to get to being a respectable P5 team.

It's more if we aren't that (6-6) we really will lose any ground we made up after Dave's first 3 years. So we have to plan on 6-6. And as bad as things were last year I could talk myself into thinking that just two or three field goals or a couple of first downs and we could have been 6-6.. (could also have been 2-10) Just let me have some hope, ok.

It's more if we aren't that (6-6) we really will lose any ground we made up after Dave's first 3 years. So we have to plan on 6-6. And as bad as things were last year I could talk myself into thinking that just two or three field goals or a couple of first downs and we could have been 6-6.. (could also have been 2-10) Just let me have some hope, ok.
Ya sorry I get it. I definitely agree a few plays here and there and last season isn't so poor, so that does give some hope. Will definitely be very bad for program "momentum" to have an equally poor season or even a step back from last season.

It’s not too hard to get the optimistic take.

The Lambert defense improved enough to keep the team in some games last year. Clawson got over Griffis and his hang ups about transfer QBs. So we should have better QB play. He fixed the practice issues that prevent legitimate competition at QB and other positions and made it hard to develop depth.

So 6-6 is possible and this is just a program reset to adjust to the new era and get back to contending against what should be easier schedules going forward.

Hard for Wake to get to 6-6 with Ole Miss on the schedule this year.

North Carolina A&T - W
Virginia - W
Ole Miss - L
Louisiana - W
NC State - L
Clemson - L
UConn - W
Stanford - W
Cal - L
North Carolina - L
Miami - L
Duke - W

Last edited:
It’s not too hard to get the optimistic take.

The Lambert defense improved enough to keep the team in some games last year. Clawson got over Griffis and his hang ups about transfer QBs. So we should have better QB play. He fixed the practice issues that prevent legitimate competition at QB and other positions and made it hard to develop depth.

So 6-6 is possible and this is just a program reset to adjust to the new era and get back to contending against what should be easier schedules going forward.
Ya that's fair. I never felt our team as a whole last year was so terrible, but it always seemed that there were too many cracks. QB play you'd hope can only improve this year, and I have some hope that the OL will return to playing at a respectable level this year too. I am slightly worried about the WR room for the first time in what feels like forever, but think that should be good enough too. CB clearly the biggest weakness right now, but overall you're right, I think that if the offense can play anywhere close to the pre-2023 levels and the secondary doesn't tank the defense, there is room for optimism.

Yeah. Anything between 5-7 wins seems like a reasonable guess.

Yeah. Anything between 5-7 wins seems like a reasonable guess.
Ya my breakdown of it is kind of:
3 or less wins is pretty pathetic
4 wins would be pretty bad too as it essentially means beating the cupcakes and only 1 win out of Ole Miss + the ACC
5-6 I think is fairly realistic and honestly nothing that I could get too mad about
7 or more and that's a very good season bouncing back after last year imo

Hard for Wake to get to 6-6 with Ole Miss on the schedule this year.

North Carolina A&T - W
Virginia - W
Ole Miss - L
Louisiana - W
NC State - L
Clemson - L
UConn - W
Stanford - W
Cal - L
North Carolina - L
Miami - L
Duke - W
I kind of doubt we beat Virginia or think it will be a toss up. I think they are going to be a lot better this year than they were last year. I mean middle of the pack, not top of the acc.

People are making a big deal out of Ole Miss, but that just takes the place of ND. Six wins would be an improvement, and it's realistic.

Ya that's fair. I never felt our team as a whole last year was so terrible, but it always seemed that there were too many cracks. QB play you'd hope can only improve this year, and I have some hope that the OL will return to playing at a respectable level this year too. I am slightly worried about the WR room for the first time in what feels like forever, but think that should be good enough too. CB clearly the biggest weakness right now, but overall you're right, I think that if the offense can play anywhere close to the pre-2023 levels and the secondary doesn't tank the defense, there is room for optimism.
I still feel good about the WRs.

Fields, Greene, and Morin are a good first 3. I am high on Deuce in the slot after Morin. Would like to see what Mays can do.

Also I think we’ll see the RBs in the passing game plan more, so getting Claiborne out in space can do some great things.

I still feel good about the WRs.

Fields, Greene, and Morin are a good first 3. I am high on Deuce in the slot after Morin. Would like to see what Mays can do.

Also I think we’ll see the RBs in the passing game plan more, so getting Claiborne out in space can do some great things.
Ya Claiborne is a stud im behind getting him the ball as much as possible. Could be as dangerous as almost anyone in the country if we can consistently get him space.

Back