• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

CO9DDTgWwAEhUjE.jpg

Just depends on how you want to measure who won and who lost. Redskins gave up a fortune for one good year of RG3, but the Rams had a bunch of sub .500 seasons and are only left with the possibility of a decent LT (although they could have just drafted Kalil in 2012).

Well it doesn't help that the Rams drafted poorly

@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Rams 'leaning toward' Goff at No. 1 http://tinyurl.com/jdd8k5f

Seems like overkill to move up to #1 to only be leaning towards the consensus #2 QB. Seems like they could've made a draft day deal to move up inside the top 10 to get Goff and given up way less.

Has there ever been a trade where the team that gave up multiple draft picks over multiple years for a single player/single high draft pick has "won" the trade?

The Falcons would tell you they won the Julio Jones trade but I respectfully disagree.

Redskins definitely lost that trade

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What was the Hershel Walker trade? Cowboys giving up multiple picks to the Vikings?

They gave up some picks, but the Vikings gave up a lot more and more valuable picks. Vikings received: Herschel Walker, Dallas' 1990 3rd round pick, San Diego's 1990 5th round pick, Dallas' 1990 10th round pick, Dallas' 1991 3rd round pick.
Cowboys received: Jesse Solomon, David Howard, Issiac Holt, Darrin Nelson, Alex Stewart, Minnesota's 1990 1st round pick, Minnesota's 1990 2nd round pick, Minnesota's 1990 6th round pick, Minnesota's 1991 1st round pick(conditional), Minnesota's 1991 2nd round pick(conditional), Minnesota's 1992 2nd round pick(conditional), Minnesota's 1992 3rd round pick(conditional), Minnesota's 1993 1st round pick(conditional).

They used those picks to make a bunch of trades and ended up with Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson.

Its not like any of the quarterbacks are sure fire number 1 type picks, its not Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning sitting there. Just a shitty team doing something to remain shitty, I bet the Titans couldn't say yes quick enough.

This feels like the sequel to that shitty movie with Kevin Costner as GM and Dennis Leary as head coach, and the media reported a fake press release by accident.

The Falcons would tell you they won the Julio Jones trade but I respectfully disagree.

Do you have a similar breakdown of that trade?

Its not like any of the quarterbacks are sure fire number 1 type picks, its not Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning sitting there. Just a shitty team doing something to remain shitty, I bet the Titans couldn't say yes quick enough.

Yeah, I picture the Titans brass in the negotiations were putting the Rams on hold and giggling like the French knights from the Holy Grail and saying "I told them we already got 1".

Of course the Browns brownsed the picks they got for Julio. They got 2011 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2012 1st, 4th.

2011 1st - DT Phil Taylor - Bust
2011 2nd - WR Greg Little - Bust
2011 4th - FB Owen Marecic - Bust

2012 1st - QB Brandon Weeden - lol
2012 4th - Traded to move up 1 spot in the draft to draft... Trent Richardson

Then they did a good job conning the Colts to get a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson after 1 year and used it to to draft... Johnny Manziel

lol

The redskins have been to the playoffs twice and got an exhilarating season out of RG3 while the Rams haven't sniffed the playoffs and have played dour football, so I think the skins actually won that trade

Redskins definitely lost that trade

No they didn't. Even with 1 year of Griffin, they still have produced better results than the Rams. It doesn't fucking matter what it looks like on paper. Results matter. Even after all those picks, the Redskins are positioned better for the future than the Rams.

Just because the Rams made a bunch of shitty picks doesn't mean the Redskins "won" the trade.

If they could back and redo it knowing what they know now, does anyone in the world think they still make the trade?

You all were better despite the trade, not because of it. With your logic no winning team could lose a trade

The Browns traded Trent Richardson for a first round pick. They won that trade even though they used it on Johnny Manziel and the Colts have been to the playoffs since.

@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Rams 'leaning toward' Goff at No. 1 http://tinyurl.com/jdd8k5f

Seems like overkill to move up to #1 to only be leaning towards the consensus #2 QB. Seems like they could've made a draft day deal to move up inside the top 10 to get Goff and given up way less.

They done goofed big time. He'd still be there up until the 49ers at 7.

Yet, even with the players each team got in the trade, the Redskins still produced more. Griffin basically single handedly took them to a division title in 2012. Whoever won the trade is determined by the performance of the players they got. 2012 RG3 produced more for his team than any of the Rams guys in 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, you have to account for the divisions both of those teams have been in. Put Washington in the NFC West and they have no playoff appearances either since that draft.

Back