• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Chiefs will be willed to the superbowl solely for Taylor Swift
Chiefs were without run stopping DT Derrick Nnadi, and his backup Pennel got steamrolled and that contributed greatly to Buffalo running so well.

As did backup safety Edward's going out on the second play. He is replacing Cook, who is excellent. I think the 3rd stringer is Bush. Or Williams, who blew out his ankle in the 3rd quarter.

And Allen's spy, Williie Gay left for good in the second quarter. That was devastating since Bolton is the only LB left with remotely the speed to stay with Allen, but he is still playing with metal rods in his wrist from an awful wrist dislocation.

Edit that Bolton is ridiculously good and finished with 13 tackles.

McDuffie got hurt, but he returned at some point with a limp.

All that to say, I feel like Lamar will run for 250 against all those backups next week.

Expect Ravens to roll.

Ravens very well could roll. I think Lamar has taken it to another level this year and is undoubtedly the league MVP. But damn, I don’t know how you bet against Mahomes. The dude is inevitable. I’m with a couple others here who have said I’ll believe the Chiefs are out when I see it.

It’s a heavyweight battle. Four of the last six MVPs at 27 and 28 years old.

Ravens very well could roll. I think Lamar has taken it to another level this year and is undoubtedly the league MVP. But damn, I don’t know how you bet against Mahomes. The dude is inevitable. I’m with a couple others here who have said I’ll believe the Chiefs are out when I see it.
Yeah for sure but their D is running on fumes with all the injuries whereas Ravens appear to be in great shape. I got Ravens laying the points.

i think the kicker is shouldering too much of the blame here

yeah, missed kick ended it, but a game-winning drive from mahommes felt inevitable if he had made the kick

buffalo offense couldn't move the ball throughout the 4th quarter

yeah, missed kick ended it, but a game-winning drive from mahommes felt inevitable if he had made the kick

Why didn't Buffalo just actually try to score a TD to win the game instead of going for the tying FG? Especially in windy conditions.

F'n autocorrect

Last edited:

This. Mahomes had something like 1:40 remaining, which is approximately 1:25 more time than he would have needed to get in FG range. Bills lost that game when Allen didn't take the check down over the middle which would have gotten them close to a 1st down. Deaconblue, they were trying to score. Allen just couldn't get enough on the ball on 2nd down and opted to try to get a bigger play than checking it down on 3rd down.

I went back and forth on who to root for and finally decided on the Bills in the 4th quarter because half their starting D is out. Oh well. I'm with DeacsPop. My Ravens should have the advantage, but never doubt what Mahomes can do. Can't say I'm confident.

The Bills lost their 7 games by a total of 30 points. Argh.

That is ridiculous. You shouldn't be able to just add dudes before the championship game. That is as bad as the NBA buyout bullshit. Rosters should lock as of playoff commencement other than for whoever is already on your own practice squad.
so if your kicker breaks his leg...you should just be screwed for the next round of playoffs?

Back