• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Fantasy fellas (and gals)....

What do you do if you don't have room on your team for all the great players you want to add?

I think our rosters should be larger for an 8-team league lol.

I've got a few 4-D Chess moves I wanna make, but I don't wanna drop any of my STUDS.

What's a guy to do?

Puckdoku Game 122 - 9/9🏆:

115 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Fantasy fellas (and gals)....

What do you do if you don't have room on your team for all the great players you want to add?

I think our rosters should be larger for an 8-team league lol.

I've got a few 4-D Chess moves I wanna make, but I don't wanna drop any of my STUDS.

What's a guy to do?

I'm interested to know what great players you think are available.

It doesn't look like you're carrying any deadweight, but IMO the Ducks are going to regress. I can't imagine the Vatrano/McTavish/Strome line stays magma hot for too long. If anything, I think the Terry/Zegras/Carlsson line gets more of the lucky bounces - they've definitely got the opportunity and ice time.

Anyway, you've got to work within the construct of the league! If you want to play 4-D chess, you might need to make some trades or take some risks with your transactions.

My strategy is to really not get tied to many guys at all - obviously I'm keeping all my studs (top 7-8 round picks and goalies), but everybody else is replaceable and will be rotated in and out throughout the course of the season.

I'm interested to know what great players you think are available.

It doesn't look like you're carrying any deadweight, but IMO the Ducks are going to regress. I can't imagine the Vatrano/McTavish/Strome line stays magma hot for too long. If anything, I think the Terry/Zegras/Carlsson line gets more of the lucky bounces - they've definitely got the opportunity and ice time.

Anyway, you've got to work within the construct of the league! If you want to play 4-D chess, you might need to make some trades or take some risks with your transactions.
Yea, like I'm gonna tell YOU my strategy...psssh lol

And that really was more of a tongue-in-cheek post about not knowing WHICH GUY that has X number of points to drop for a guy who is on a heater that may continue against lower level competition and stuff.

BELIEVE ME, I am under NO pretense that I am going to finish any higher than 6th right now....I'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

I just can never pull the trigger on a trade or anything because A) I don't know what I need, and B) I always feel like the other person knows more than me and that I'm getting fleeced.....and that's especially true in a newer sport to me in hockey. I still don't know all of the players or who they play for.

Like right now, Jack Hughes is the #1 Fantasy Scorer (actually just surpassed by Vatrano). If I were to package and trade him, I have no idea what I would ask for....(dumb example, because I'm not going to be trading the #1 player).

I feel like I'm steady everywhere, though I've been making a ton of moves....the only serious trade consideration I'm thinking on right now is trading Swayman or Ullmark away for a 3rd team goalie, so I have more leeway when the Bruins aren't playing to fill both Goalie spots....but then again, right now, I'm guaranteed to have 1 of the 2 (top 5 scoring) goalies backstopping the best defensive team in the league, at least GAA...so why give that up?

I've been lucky so far in that I generally only have enough players playing on a given day to fill the open spots, I haven't had to make any huge decisions yet on who to start over another.....but they're coming!

And the injuries haven't even started decimating the great teams yet really, so I'm sure it will all change when the time comes for THOSE decisions to be made.

Troy Terry collected a hattrick, culminating on a beautiful OTGWG setup from McTavish, and the Ducks have won...five straight?! 10% of the season is in the books and Anaheim/Arizona are the current Western wildcards.

OMG....What in the fuck just happened at the end of the Canes game?

There was a faceoff in the Rangers' defensive zone and the Rangers player swats the puck down the ice and the linesman raises his arm for icing, Skjei is skating down the ice and gets the puck and skates behind the goal just waiting for the icing call, but THERE WAS NONE.

He slowly got to the puck because he knew it would be icing, and he didn't play it hard back to the Rangers' zone because he was expecting the icing call.

WTF!

That was unreal. The Canes would have had a faceoff in the Rangers' zone with a good 10 seconds or so to have a scoring opportunity with 6-on-5.

That really pisses me off.

Troy Terry collected a hattrick, culminating on a beautiful OTGWG setup from McTavish, and the Ducks have won...five straight?! 10% of the season is in the books and Anaheim/Arizona are the current Western wildcards.
Remarkable turnaround, they were like this year's Sharks last year, getting bombed on the shot clock every game. Isn't a fluke, they've been super competitive

ANOTHER question about Fantasy.

If I'm watching a game and a player does well and I want to add him, let's say I was watching DAL @ EDM and wanted to add Sam Gagner after his 2 goal game.

If I go and make a change during the game, and say ADD Gagner, DROP Svechnikov, when would the switch process? And I know I wouldn't get Gagner's points, but would I lose Svech's points?

I'm fairly certain (almost positive) the switch would just process overnight and I'd get Svech's points and then he'd be dropped to Waivers.

I just wanna know if there's any negative to trying to add a player during his game if he's doing well (I know one game is not something to base ADD/DROPs on, but just curious)

(aka, I REALLY WANT SAM GAGNER ON MY TEAM! ;) )

Jesus Christ, I was watching Vegas/Winnipeg and it went off, so I usually just go to ESPN.com and then NHL > SCORES and click WATCH next to a good game and the only game remaining is Vancouver/San Jose.

Took a peek at the score and it's 9-0!!!!! And there's still 13 minutes left!!

Wowsers!

Good timing on my Sharks are horrid post! Nucks prolly scored a couple by the time I posted that but swear I wasn't aware

Sent a couple trade offers out.

I don't THINK they are wildly uneven, but, again, I know nothing.

ANOTHER question about Fantasy...

For your roster, you will be unable to drop a player once they are in your starting lineup and playing. For example, if you start Svech, he would remain locked until the next morning. You can drop players on your bench at any time, though.

As for adding free agents while they're playing, I'm not exactly sure. I don't think I've looked this season to see if they also lock (or not) during their games.

Thanks man....you've been my Yahoo Fantasy Hockey wiki this season (and we're only 10-11 games in)

And I countered your trade counteroffer, but only to send you a message in the notes, so be sure to check that (the counter wasn't serious, unless you wanna accept it lol)

Canes are going to lose to the Islanders 5-0 or something.

They look like shit tonight.

Letting NYI score ANOTHER Shorty....all of the pucks are coming off our sticks all wacky. We are whiffing on shots when no one is around, we go for a simple soft pass and either miss or it ping pongs in the opposite direction.....We intercept a pass and then pass it straight to the other team....it's like the puck weights 50lbs and we aren't prepared for it.

It looks terrible.

Canes are going to lose to the Islanders 5-0 or something.

They look like shit tonight.

Letting NYI score ANOTHER Shorty....all of the pucks are coming off our sticks all wacky. We are whiffing on shots when no one is around, we go for a simple soft pass and either miss or it ping pongs in the opposite direction.....We intercept a pass and then pass it straight to the other team....it's like the puck weights 50lbs and we aren't prepared for it.

It looks terrible.

Never mad at being wrong like that!

1-3 at the beginning of the 3rd Period, then an Orlov goal with ~8:30 remaining, then a KK goal with ~4:30 left (BOTH ASSISTED BY SVECH!!!)

aaaaand

4-3 Canes win in OT!!!

Aho with a GWG to put him alone in 4th place all-time for the Franchise for goals!

(I wish I had my favorite :wiggle: emoji back)

Back