• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

This game is such bullshit.

We keep missing passes or accidentally sending the puck out of the zone, if we get 2 guys rushing the zone, the pass ALWAYS gets tipped, there is just ALWAYS a stick in front of anything the Canes wanna do.

It's soooo frustrating. We can't clear the zone, and even when we make great plays or stops, we rush to the other end and stop quickly and then the puck just has a mind of its own and randomly jumps all over the place.

We will lose this game 5-2

Since you were capable of calling the score you should have decided they’d come back to win.

This game is such bullshit.

We keep missing passes or accidentally sending the puck out of the zone, if we get 2 guys rushing the zone, the pass ALWAYS gets tipped, there is just ALWAYS a stick in front of anything the Canes wanna do.

It's soooo frustrating. We can't clear the zone, and even when we make great plays or stops, we rush to the other end and stop quickly and then the puck just has a mind of its own and randomly jumps all over the place.

We will lose this game 5-2

Told ya

Man....I saw that CBJ was taking Laine off IR, but I thought that meant he would be practicing and stuff, didn't know that meant he'd immediately be in the lineup.

There's 3.40 points I'm missing.

Heyyyyy HTTD!!!

Ovechkin finally got to 3 Goals!!!

He did it in 13 games....took him 7 last year.

You still think he makes 894?

Make it a brace tonight. He tied Gretzky for most empty netters.

I think it’s more likely than not that he catches the Great One, but damn is he just coasting out there these days.

Somehow the Caps are 3rd in the Metro (with a -5 GD). I'm going to take a picture so this moment lasts longer.

New Jersey will pick it back up when Hischier and Hughes are healthy. Pittsburgh has the third best GD in the East and Jarry looked great in his return. The Islanders do look lost, though.

Puckdoku Game 135 - 8/9:

176 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩

Edmonton fires Jay Woodcroft and assistant Dave Manson and replaces them with Kris Knoblauch, former New York Rangers AHL-affialiate Hartford Wolfpack and add Paul Coffey to the bench as an assistant.

Pretty sure everyone saw this coming when they lost to San Jose. How long did Woodcroft get? He was made Head Coach midseason 2021-22?...shows you how desperate EDM are to get that Cup for McDavid/Draisaitl

Yahoo lists if a transaction was a waiver or free agent claim. I think their automaton runs daily starting at midnight pacific.

Yahoo lists if a transaction was a waiver or free agent claim. I think their automaton runs daily starting at midnight pacific.

Ahh...I see I had no shot at getting him back.

I'm curious though....I've never made a waiver claim, just picked up FA....does that move you to the bottom of the waiver list too?....because that seems a little shitty. I've purposely avoided making waiver claims for that reason, yet I'm 6th on the priority list.

Edmonton fires Jay Woodcroft and assistant Dave Manson and replaces them with Kris Knoblauch, former New York Rangers AHL-affialiate Hartford Wolfpack and add Paul Coffey to the bench as an assistant.

Pretty sure everyone saw this coming when they lost to San Jose. How long did Woodcroft get? He was made Head Coach midseason 2021-22?...shows you how desperate EDM are to get that Cup for McDavid/Draisaitl

I think this is pretty stupid, firstly because Woodcroft seems to be a good coach. But mainly, how many coaches has Edmonton cycled through in the last decade? I saw that Ryan N-H has played for NINE head coaches! At this point, you've got to look closely at Ken Holland. And lastly, somehow, their Goaltending coach has been retained since 2015.

Anyway, McDavid is now insulated by familiar coaches and managers. We can't know whether he directly appealed for them, or that Holland is trying some sort of appeasement campaign as we inch closer to the end of his contract. At any rate, I'm still wagering that Edmonton makes the playoffs despite the horrible start.

Didn't waiver order start in reverse order of draft...

I drafted 7th out of 8, so it seems like I should have been 2nd on the priority list....and looking back through transactions, it looks like only HTTD and Teach Me How To Dougie have made waiver pickups, and they are rightly in 7th and 8th on the priority.

:unsure:

I'm curious though....I've never made a waiver claim, just picked up FA....does that move you to the bottom of the waiver list too?....because that seems a little shitty. I've purposely avoided making waiver claims for that reason, yet I'm 6th on the priority list.

It looks like you made one waiver claim on October 10th for K'Andre Miller. That would've sent you to the back of the waiver priority line, but you've since moved up to 6.

Back