• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

The only downside to all of this is we signed a guy who was hurt and a guy in rehab. That could cause some problems.

Oh man, end of an era. Kuzy is one of my favorite all-time Capitals - the dude is nothing but contagious, positive energy. This is how he greeted reporters at the bus from Hershey to Charlotte, where he was [briefly] the highest-salaried AHL player of all-time, and perfectly encapsulates his 'just-happy-to-be-here' attitude:

evgeny-kuznetsov-hershey-bus.jpg

His talent is easily observed, but unfortunately, so are his bouts of laziness (and affinity for illicit powders). I truly hope he can find his footing again and brew some magic for the Canes

I'll never forget when the pieces came together for Kuznetsov in the 2018 Cup run, where he arguably should've won the Conn Smyth instead of Ovechkin. How can you not love this celly?

Anyway, I'm surprised the Capitals got any sort of return on what was becoming an albatross contract. The Canes have always been my number 2 team (as sacrilegious as that may be), and I'll be cheering extra hard for Kuzy and Orlov this post-season.

The only downside to all of this is we signed a guy who was hurt and a guy in rehab. That could cause some problems.
Its part of the front office analytics philosophy IMO - the Canes only sign players they believe are undervalued. Same reason we have drafted more Russians in the past few seasons while other franchises were avoiding them.

My one problem with the trade is that Guentzel is hurt, and not particularly motivated to re-sign with us, so he may drag out his recovery and not play a significant amount of regular season games for us.
I have read some opinions this morning that make me more confident he will be ready to play very soon.

Still not awed by what the Rangers gave done so far. Two hours left.

And we refused to deal any picks.....disappointing.

Last edited:
Feel like the canes lose every challenge. That sucked. Went from 2-0 with a 5-3 power play to 1-1, 5-4pp and then give up a tying goal.

Love the Wild pulling the goalie in OT. Fortune favors the bold.

Apparently, Boldy and Fleury didn’t know they’d forfeit their loser point if they got scored on :ROFLMAO:

Didn’t get to see flames game today, 7 to 2. Was it as dominant as score suggests?

Didn’t get to see flames game today, 7 to 2. Was it as dominant as score suggests?
More, it was a 3 period ass kicking, and one of the goals we gave up was kinda Freddie’s mistake. We put on a passing clinic.

Highlights showed that way. I may watch the replay today. Thanks for updating.

Back