• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

scanning the standings as the season winds down

looks like the Canes ended up with a good season after when sounded like a slow start

also looks like no clear frontrunner for the cup right now

do i have that right?

Canes can still get the #1 seed with a win and Rangers loss? Seems unlikely with the Rags playing at home but we'll see

I think we'd rather play the Islanders than the Capitals, right? Like, maybe much rather? Home ice would be nice, though, over the Rangers.

I'd rather have home ice against the rags. Neither the caps or isles worry me, but the isles have a better goalie and Barzel who seems to give us problems.

PNC will be a more intimidating environment against the Caps than the Isles, IMO.

if you projected out the season records of the Covid seasons based on the abbreviated final records, Rod’s tenure would look like this:

18’19’: 46w - 99p
*19’20’: 46w - 98p
*20’21’: 53w - 118p
21’22’: 54w - 116p
22’23’: 52w - 113p

Results for this season could be 113 points and 53 wins.

Bring on the Isles! I def woulda preferred the Caps but props to NYR for seeing us off.

But impressive from the Caps tonight too to dominate Boston in such fashion. May be as simple as the Pens couldn't get it done at home vs the Bs but the Caps could

Last edited:
HUGE OT win for the Wings after being down 4-1 to the Canadians. Interesting scheduling - they play again tomorrow night in Montreal. Wings and Caps tied at 89 points for WC2 with one game left.

Yeah will be fun with those games going on simultaneous tomorrow. Philly is for sure eliminated unless they win in regulation so could be some interesting hijinks late in that one

If you haven't seen this comeback sequence from the Wings yesterday, take 1.5 minutes to watch.

Tonight is going to be lit:

-Caps win and they're in (with something around a -37 goal differential, by far the worst GD in the salary-cap era for a playoff team)
-If Detroit wins and Washington loses, they're in
-If Washington and Detroit lose, Pittsburgh can win tomorrow to get in
-Philadelphia needs to beat Washington tonight in regulation, plus have Detroit and Pittsburgh lose in regulation to get in

Real good coaching job by Carberry to get them over the line.

Sucker punch for Detroit though. Wonder if they woulda cruised to victory over MTL then maybe Philly doesn't pull the goalie in regulation

Kinda seemed like Boston tanked to play the Leafs instead of the Ning.

I probably would've done the same. I think Tampa and Florida are the best two teams in that division. That and possibly EDM-VGK in the first round -- holy moly

Congrats to the Caps and HTTDs, but it would have been a cool story if the Wings made it. Good for them both teams winning the games they had to.

Back