• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

The Canes are the only refuge at the moment (though fuck their playoff record of late hasn’t been stellar either)

Another 2G/4A from the Guentzel/Aho/Jarvis line.

Another shutout win.

Another hard working, grind it out, ass kicking win.

Team looks amazing at the moment.

BTW....what a boring Fantasy season this was. The standings didn't change for like the last 15 weeks and there were no upsets in the playoffs.

My team tried hard this last day, but all for naught.

Wish there was a Summer league somehow lol

Can't wait for next year...hopefully we can add a couple posters to the league and that everyone will pay attention the whole season.

Congrats HTTD and CumberlandDeac, I'm sure HTTD will be the favorite, but I'm pulling for some sort of upset, so GO CUMBERLANDDEAC!

Question: I just got like 6 notifications about player add/drops in the fantasy league...were those all from earlier today, or did you guys all just add players? Because some of the adds were players that had played in games today, and I thought that wasn't possible.

The Canes are the only refuge at the moment (though fuck their playoff record of late hasn’t been stellar either)
Little harsh. Cup finals or bust this year though, if we fall short I'll accept it.

Defense and goaltending has come so far from the start of the year

Wish there was a Summer league somehow lol

Can't wait for next year...hopefully we can add a couple posters to the league and that everyone will pay attention the whole season.

+1 to all of that. Thanks for being engaged.

Question: I just got like 6 notifications about player add/drops in the fantasy league...were those all from earlier today, or did you guys all just add players? Because some of the adds were players that had played in games today, and I thought that wasn't possible.

You can add anyone not on waivers, even if they played earlier today (you won’t get those points, though). You can only drop guys who haven’t played yet, or are on your bench.

You can add anyone not on waivers, even if they played earlier today (you won’t get those points, though). You can only drop guys who haven’t played yet, or are on your bench.

I swear I tried to add someone earlier this season who had played that day and it said "This player has had a game today and will not be available until tomorrow". I SWEAR it said that...otherwise, why would I be waiting until the new day started to add new players ALL season. Why wouldn't everyone just go grab a player during a game if they scored a hat trick or something?

Not that it matters now, but I know for sure I tried to add someone before and it gave me an error because that player had already played that day.

Is the league drafted each year or keeper? I might be interested.

Wow Flyers, Capitals, Red Wings all nearly identical with 2 playoff spots on the line - East Metro #3, WC2 or off-season.

Islanders are in that mix too, right? 4 teams for 2 spots.
Correct. Islanders only 1 back of WC2.

Correction, with tonight’s win, Islanders are WC2 just behind Flyers for #3 in Metro on goal differential. Good stuff the last couple of games.

Not to mention the surging Pens, seems like they’ll probably find their way in.

Do not want in the first round. be great if the Rangers draw them and Bs get the Ning while we get the Islanders or Caps or Flyers

With Pittsburgh beating Washington and the Islanders winning, it's a total logjam again. 5 teams, 2 spots:

Moneypuck
Flyers 60.6%
Wings 45.3%
Isles 36.8%
Caps 36.3%
Pens 20%

Hockey Reference
Wings 58.7%
Isles 44.6%
Flyers 42.1%
Caps 34.3%
Pens 19.4%

Athletic
Isles 54%
Wings 48%
Flyers 48%
Caps 32%
Pens 18%

Washington looks totally cooked to me, and when they lose, they lose big. I'm taking the Carolina puckline and to win in regulation tonight.

Was at the Canes game tonight.

Frustrating for the better part of 2 1/2 periods outshooting the Caps 3 to 1 and still down until Aho's power play winner!

Canes winning despite Svech who has been invisible outside of bad penalties.

I swear I tried to add someone earlier this season who had played that day and it said "This player has had a game today and will not be available until tomorrow". I SWEAR it said that...otherwise, why would I be waiting until the new day started to add new players ALL season. Why wouldn't everyone just go grab a player during a game if they scored a hat trick or something?

Not that it matters now, but I know for sure I tried to add someone before and it gave me an error because that player had already played that day.
I promise I'm not trying to harp on this, but even since this post I've seen multiple people add players at 3am exactly, the time the day officially switches over for Yahoo.

It really doesn't matter, but it's just odd to me. If any of you had paid attention, I was up adding players the second it turned 3am multiple times this year, and the only reason I did that was because I KNOW it told me previously that I couldn't add a player until that day ended. It's not a big deal, because I am up for my job at that time anyway, so it's not like I was setting an alarm to wake up and change fantasy players, but if it had been possible to add guys even after they played a game that day, I would have just added them after the games and not wait.

But it's not like it changed anything I guess because no one seems to have added players in that span of "End of Game - 3AM" time frame other than the end of last week, so I wasn't losing anything.

It's more of a "Am I going crazy???" kinda thing because I just remember it happening.

ANYWAY....are there any kind of fantasy leagues or setups we can do for the playoffs? Other than the whole bracket guessing thing...I have read a couple of times "if you are in a playoffs league" or something, and it would be cool to keep my apparent life-altering "fix" going thru the Canes Cup Run!

Back