• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Stars give up 3 short handed and win. Team has not looked good. Happy with 3-0-1.

Tonight is going to be UNREAL!!!

I have no clue who to sit in fantasy. Regardless of who it is, they WILL score 5 points. BOOK IT!

OMG.......we CANNOT finish periods strong. How many times are we gonna give up a goal under 2 minutes in a period?

This is not a Cup winning team right now.

Orlov has become a liability on Defense and Tony D is always looking to shoot, it doesn't seem like he's trying to distribute as much.

Hopefully getting Svech and Pesce back will sort us out. Maybe there's a way we can get Kane on the roster at some point. Though AFAIK we barely have enough cap room to cover the minimum, though I have NO IDEA how Salary Caps work. Maybe there's a team out there that wants Orlov and we can get something back for him. I think Slavin/Burns, Skjei/Pesce, TDA/Chatfield is the Defense we need right now. Tony and Chatfield need consistent time together. RIght now Orlov is getting 5.5, almost 6 minutes more TOI/GM than Chatfield....and that is NOT fair. Chatfield led the defense/whole team in +/- last year.

Tripper keeps saying every game that goaltending is NOT the issue, but I would disagree. We can't stay healthy and just haven't had a good run.

6 straight road games to start the season has fucked us up and may very well put us in a funk for a while. The home games against a couple 4 loss teams should help us get back on track, at least I HOPE they do. But this is the 2nd time we've been blanked this season (including preseason, not quite the same, but w/e) and both have been @TB. And we play there again in 6 or 7 games.

Tonight is going to be UNREAL!!!

I have no clue who to sit in fantasy. Regardless of who it is, they WILL score 5 points. BOOK IT!

Toffoli with 2 Goals, a Power Play Point and 5 SOG gives him 5 points on my bench.

I am SOOOO good! (At the wrong things)

We'll get our shit together, State Fair road trip is never great. Just woulda been nice to pocket some Ws while we were shooting so effectively, but unfortunately defense more than canceled that out.

Glad we aren't in the Atlantic, that division is stacked. But with Hughes looking like he's taking the next step and Laviolette seeming to have the Rangers playing very good hockey (and the Pens certainly capabale), it ain't gonna be easy to get atop this division in the reg season

This is not a Cup winning team right now.

Orlov has become a liability on Defense and Tony D is always looking to shoot, it doesn't seem like he's trying to distribute as much.

Hopefully getting Svech and Pesce back will sort us out. Maybe there's a way we can get Kane on the roster at some point. Though AFAIK we barely have enough cap room to cover the minimum, though I have NO IDEA how Salary Caps work. Maybe there's a team out there that wants Orlov and we can get something back for him. I think Slavin/Burns, Skjei/Pesce, TDA/Chatfield is the Defense we need right now. Tony and Chatfield need consistent time together. RIght now Orlov is getting 5.5, almost 6 minutes more TOI/GM than Chatfield....and that is NOT fair. Chatfield led the defense/whole team in +/- last year.

Tripper keeps saying every game that goaltending is NOT the issue, but I would disagree. We can't stay healthy and just haven't had a good run.

6 straight road games to start the season has fucked us up and may very well put us in a funk for a while. The home games against a couple 4 loss teams should help us get back on track, at least I HOPE they do. But this is the 2nd time we've been blanked this season (including preseason, not quite the same, but w/e) and both have been @TB. And we play there again in 6 or 7 games.
Orlov's numbers are bad but some of that is padded from PK goals (without Aho), SHG allowed on PP etc. He needs time to build chemstry with the team. I do feel we've been hurt by the fact we're squeezing 7 players into 6 slots. Harder to build chemistry on those lines.

Need to get these home dubs under the belt and start trending upwards.

We've got to find some consistency defensively and between the pipes. We've got three capable guys when healthy, but somebody has to step up and be THE guy.

He did not bet directly on NHL games. If he did, he would've been banned from the league apparently.

It sounds like he channeled 'inside information' to other folks and they placed bets with that knowledge.

Also, this is crazy:

Back