• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I hate this too, especially for DFS purposes. 14 games one night, 2 the next. (I have more success with a bigger pool of players).

But it must be a nightmare to make the schedules. Having to coordinate dates with NHL, NBA and some college hoops all playing at the same time of the year at the same place.

I'm with ya on that. And with the amount of time I put into each slate, I can literally be working on DFS lineups from 5:30pm up until the 9 or 10pm puck drop.

It was worse on weekends during CFB/NFL Season. I'd literally be on the computer all day. The only reason I stuck with it and didn't just give up was to get the Ironman streaks and bonuses that came with that.
Quality Canes response after the Ducks tied it. PK leaving no bueno

True. (And makes sense, no one ever accused me of being a rational/level-headed fan lol)

So doing research for fantasy, I always see stats given and it almost always includes PIM. Do some fantasy leagues or formats give you points for PIM? Or is it negative points?

If it's +points, that makes no sense to me. But either way, I'm glad we don't do it lol

The Jets have now gone 32 consecutive games (!) allowing 3 or less goals. 24-6-2 during that stretch.

(They lost 2-0 to Philadelphia last night)

I knew the freaking kings and their eight game losing streak was going to cause the canes problems today. They were in desperation mode.

Canes need to make a trade for a G. PP is trash again.

Raanta has played pretty well since his return, but it is hard to imagine he will keep that up given the season start. 2 goals in 30 shots and 0-5 PP by the offense certainly is disappointing.

They felt flat. Maybe the whole Justin Williams day took their rhythm off?

FML...Not only do the Canes lose to a team who has lost 8 in a row....

BUT....

MY POOR FANTASY TEAM!!!....

Eichel goes on the IR due to "undisclosed"....and Nichushkin, my #1 player over the past month, enters the Player Assistance Program.....and had been out for 2 games due to "undisclosed"....is Eichel going to join him in the PAP?

God I am gonna suck......but at least I beat @CumberlandDeac 130.70 to 130.40!!

I need some trades....SOMEONE offer me some stuff!!!

No one is off the table for me

Oh, and the fucking Yahoo "Start Optimal Players" feature doesnt fucking register that players are injured or out and just starts players according to their Preseason ranking, so they started an OUT Linus Ullmark, while Swayman had a 31 save, 3-0 shutout and the 13.20 points that go along with it!!!

Why-Me-Crying.gif

I’m good with KK being moved. He produces nothing as a 2C. Not buying the injured excuses as Rod does not operate that way with player management. Move him and a prospect/picks for Lindholm/Markstrom. With current LTIR, we have 8 million in cap space. Think this is the year to push all of our chips in.

So doing research for fantasy, I always see stats given and it almost always includes PIM. Do some fantasy leagues or formats give you points for PIM? Or is it negative points?

If it's +points, that makes no sense to me. But either way, I'm glad we don't do it lol

Some leagues have categories like PIM, +/-, and FOs. The PIM is usually a positive points thing, so it rewards rostering enforcers and/or penalty prone dolts. I know @redwing42 has been championing this!

Anyone YTTV users watch the Canes on the Bally app?

Been meaning to ask lately...anyone have a good streaming website? With YTTV I don't get any local Canes games nor the odd NHL Network exclusives. ESPN+ is amazing, but it doesn't cover everything.

but at least I beat @CumberlandDeac 130.70 to 130.40!!

That's an awesome victory - Cumberland had won 10 in a row (including two against me) before that.

I’m good with KK being moved. He produces nothing as a 2C. Not buying the injured excuses as Rod does not operate that way with player management. Move him and a prospect/picks for Lindholm/Markstrom. With current LTIR, we have 8 million in cap space. Think this is the year to push all of our chips in.
KK is still very young and we have him long term on a favorable contract. I agree that he doesn't bring enough offense to be a second line center, but not every player is going to be a star.

Pittsburgh and Washington are sporting the same record: 21-15-6

Except Pittsburgh is +16 and Washington is -24 :ROFLMAO:

Some leagues have categories like PIM, +/-, and FOs. The PIM is usually a positive points thing, so it rewards rostering enforcers and/or penalty prone dolts. I know @redwing42 has been championing this!

Been meaning to ask lately...anyone have a good streaming website? With YTTV I don't get any local Canes games nor the odd NHL Network exclusives. ESPN+ is amazing, but it doesn't cover everything.

That's an awesome victory - Cumberland had won 10 in a row (including two against me) before that.

Any of those things would be an interesting add to fantasy, but, other than +/-, it adds things that don't necessarily point to a positive contribution to the game....although maybe I'm completely wrong on that...maybe I'm just thinking of PIM. Wouldn't adding PIM mean a player that gets a Misconduct penalty would jump up with a huge scoring game...not to mention the fact that getting a penalty makes it easier for the other team to score, which seems odd to give points for?

The other stats I could probably get behind, but I don't think I agree with PIM as a positive or negative points stat in fantasy.

As for the streaming site, the one I use is (https://nhl66.ir/simulator) It's going to seem a little weird, but it does usually have streams from both team's local coverage. That said, it still follows blackout rules, and doesn't allow watching of NHLNET....all of that UNLESS you use a VPN, which I do. You can set your location to another part of the country and get Bally's coverage and you can set your location to England and get NHL NET games. I wouldn't use it without a VPN I don't think.

KK is still very young and we have him long term on a favorable contract. I agree that he doesn't bring enough offense to be a second line center, but not every player is going to be a star.

KK is still 23 and on contract until 2030. He's improved almost every year other than a dropoff after his rookie season when he only played 36 games (in Montreal). He's up to a 0.5 pt/gm player and there's no reason to believe he can't improve more as he hits his prime.

Necas is having a slightly worse year than last year...Turbo dropped off from 2 years ago....should we trade them?

I'm not saying it won't make sense to trade him at some point, but give him at least a year more to see where he is this time next season.

Back