• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

Which Grobe recruit has had the longest tenure in the NFL? Wilber is going into his 5th year. Curry barely made it past 4. Phonz lasted 4.

Guys like Clabo, Pace, and Mughelli had long careers. Pace may still end up on a roster. Grobe guys aren't looking too hot by comparison.
Had no idea Phonz made it that long. Pace seems to have played up to his draft position, if durability were the primary measure.

Which Grobe recruit has had the longest tenure in the NFL? Wilber is going into his 5th year. Curry barely made it past 4. Phonz lasted 4.

Guys like Clabo, Pace, and Mughelli had long careers. Pace may still end up on a roster. Grobe guys aren't looking too hot by comparison.

Tommy Bohanon is going into his 3rd or 4th season with the Jets.

Grobe had 20 guys drafted over 11 years. Pretty good clip for LOWF. I believe that's the highest number of guys drafted from Wake Forest over any 11 years in history. So in terms of producing guys with a shot at NFL, He's looking pretty "hot".

He can't help it if a LB can't cover the curl route or punters shank punts after that.

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Giants FB Nikita Whitlock suspended without pay for the team’s next 10 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Yeah that's a bummer. Always was a fun guy to root for. I guess who knows what the story was, but this isn't his first time getting suspended for violations of that policy. Of course, if he sits out 10 games while he's on IR then it could be worse, but still not a good sign.

Yeah that's a bummer. Always was a fun guy to root for. I guess who knows what the story was, but this isn't his first time getting suspended for violations of that policy. Of course, if he sits out 10 games while he's on IR then it could be worse, but still not a good sign.

So since he is on IR does that mean he is suspended now, or for the games that he is actually able to play in?

What I read indicated he was going to start the suspension immediately. I assume that means the practical effect is that he's not getting paid during those weeks whatever he would otherwise get paid while on IR, which I'm sure hurts for a player like that.

Last edited:
he's done. a shame...the obvious question, since has now been busted twice for PEDs in NFL...was he taking them at Wake too?

Sucks for Nikita but I'm not sure I care. Certainly don't judge him at all. Dude was close to just joining the army out of high school and used football to get a good degree and some stories about the NFL. If that took steroids then probably worth it.

Likely some kind of medication to speed up the healing process. Still illegal and should have known better.

Sucks for Nikita but I'm not sure I care. Certainly don't judge him at all. Dude was close to just joining the army out of high school and used football to get a good degree and some stories about the NFL. If that took steroids then probably worth it.

Yup

Yeah, don't blame the dude. It's worth it for a year of the league minimum.

Back