• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

Not much in the stat sheet, but he was on the field a decent amount in all three phases. I think he helped flush Cassell out of the pocket on a big 4th down play that the Giants came up with at the end of the game. I think he also threw a key block on the KO return that Harris ran back 100 yards for a TD. He also had some really good blocks as FB, but Jennings has a tendency to try to cut back away from his blocks.

Watched a clip of the 4th down play and seemed that Nikita forced the short throw by jumping in front of the QB.

Watched a clip of the 4th down play and seemed that Nikita forced the short throw by jumping in front of the QB.

We bitch a lot about the last 4 years of the Grobe era, but one thing good that came out of it was Nikita Whitlock.

True. An all-time Deacon great. Clawson should build a good relationship with him for our program.

Nikita and Campanaro are 2 of my favorite all time Deac footballers

I have used Nikita as an example for my great nephew as he has worked to overcome his size and play high school football. At 5'7' and 210 pounds he has become an undersized starting OT for the best team in the 24 year history of the school. He apparently paid attention. Proud uncle.

this is great:

Actually, when I had that sack against [Bills quarterback] Tyrod Taylor, I was gassed. After that play, I was gassed. I actually tapped my helmet to come out, but no one came to relieve me, so I just had to stick it out.

How to tell your team sucks:

1) The best story about your team this season is about a guy who plays offense, defense, and special teams. Oh, and he's 5'10".

Nikita played a good chunk of the game last night. He was even on the field for the Giants last defensive stand and it was usually taking two Patriot O-Lineman to hold him back. He also got a shoutout from Golic this morning on Mike and Mike talking about how he watched him play in college from when Notre Dame has played Wake in recent years.

Back