• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

His pass rush just forced a holding call against the Giants and earned praise from Collinsworth as the 'Tazmanian Devil"

Now Starting at FB for the NYG: NIKITA WHITLOCK!

His pass rush just forced a holding call against the Giants and earned praise from Collinsworth as the 'Tazmanian Devil"

He's in the game at DT this early in a close game. Wow.

Great nickname. Shame we didn't think of it.

Last edited:
in my e mail 3 weeks ago to Energizer Battery I did call him a Tazmanian Devil. In the 70's and early 80s the Tazmanian Devil was unofficial mascot of wake rugby

in my e mail 3 weeks ago to Energizer Battery I did call him a Tazmanian Devil. In the 70's and early 80s the Tazmanian Devil was unofficial mascot of wake rugby

And T.O.G. was the unofficial rugby clubhouse.

It ticked me off Nikita wasn't introduced with the Giants starting lineup on offense because he was in fact out there for their first offensive play. "Nikita Whitlock- The Wake Forest University."

He only played 2 snaps on offense last night, 4 on defense, 18 on special teams. I was surprised he wasn't out there on the last <30 second series when SF was clearly just going to chuck it.

He only played 2 snaps on offense last night, 4 on defense, 18 on special teams. I was surprised he wasn't out there on the last <30 second series when SF was clearly just going to chuck it.

Really, I thought he was in at fullback more than that. I do know he was out there for their first offensive play.

Nikita Whitlock, the Giants' secret weapon

BigBlueView has huge write up on Nikita. " Big Blue View Film Room - Nikita Whitlock, the Giants' secret weapon ". Sorry, technically illiterate so no link. With Giants on MNF and ESPN having hours of pregame I would expect a feature on him. Considering the tragic silliness with JPP Giants fans need a bright spot on D. They are only beginning to see what we had watched during his 4 years at Wake. Perhaps they will start chanting his name as the NY Ranger fans do at MS Garden !

BigBlueView has huge write up on Nikita. " Big Blue View Film Room - Nikita Whitlock, the Giants' secret weapon ". Sorry, technically illiterate so no link. With Giants on MNF and ESPN having hours of pregame I would expect a feature on him. Considering the tragic silliness with JPP Giants fans need a bright spot on D. They are only beginning to see what we had watched during his 4 years at Wake. Perhaps they will start chanting his name as the NY Ranger fans do at MS Garden !

Here you go

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/10/16/9547093/ny-giants-buffalo-bills-washington-redskins-nikita-whitlock-defense-analysis

"With Eric Wood at center and Kraig Urbik at left guard, there is 635 pounds of offensive lineman blocking a 250-pound defensive tackle. Conventional wisdom suggest that this is a hilarious case of overkill, devoting roughly two and a half times a rusher's mass to block him"

"Being played to his strengths has let Whitlock become Pro Football Focus' 14th-rated defensive tackle ... In only 22 defensive snaps."

Last edited:
I was amazed that he got no snaps in camp at DT, and even now, just a couple/week. You'd think they'd throw him in for a couple of downs just for grins. From those gifs, he is way too quick for OL. Can't block what you can't catch. He goes too low for them - at their hips. Congrats to him for making the most of some very slim opportunities. Still amazed that he hasn't earned more of a look at DT now given what he's shown so far.

I doubt Whitlock is complaining about being a situational pass rusher.

I think the Giants are using him about exactly the way they need to. He is a great change of pace rusher, but would get killed playing on a more regular basis.

He has to be drooling at the chance to go up against the Eagles O-line and Sam the Statue.

I'm a lifelong Giants hater, but Nikita has gotten me to do what Thabiti Davis and Fred Robbins couldn't. I root for the Giants because Nikita is much more likely to play if the Giants have a lead and/or in goal line situations.

Back