• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No major program would hire Buzz

He has shown nothing here and at CU to warrant being on the short list of top 50 hoops programs. Speaks volumes.

This ranks up there with "the sky is blue" and "water is wet". I don't think there is anyone on this planet, not named Ron Wellman at least, that is under the impression that Bzz could get hired by a Div 3 school, let alone a "major program".

He knows X-es and O-s

He does? What evidence do you have? This just seems to be another talking point that has been repeated until people believe it's true. At the time of the hire, everyone assumed he must be a basketball genius, but it simply hasn't proven out on the court. Poor substitutions, poor inbound plays, poor end-game plays, poor use of timeouts, attrocious defense and rebounding, an offense that often defaults to dribble around perimeter and hack a three, inability to make adjustments (both out of halftime and when one of our players is being keyed on...see CJ last night). What does he actually do well from an X's and O's standpoint?

Last edited:
He does? What evidence do you have? This just seems to be another talking point that has been repeated until people believe it's true. At the time of the hire, everyone assumed he must be a basketball genius, but it simply hasn't proven out on the court. Poor substitutions, poor inbound plays, poor end-game plays, poor use of timeouts, attrocious defense and rebounding, an offense that often defaults to dribble around perimeter and hack a three, inability to make adjustments (both out of halftime and when one of our players is being keyed on...see CJ last night). What does he actually do well from an X's and O's standpoint?

Racer, we've been through this before on the boards, and I have no desire to repeat the arguments. If you want to feel he does not, be my guest.

Racer, we've been through this before on the boards, and I have no desire to repeat the arguments. If you want to feel he does not, be my guest.

I must have missed the argument. Got a link? I've never seen anyone actually defend the idea that Bz is a master of X's and O's. It's along the same lines as Schwabber claiming that Cav is a great shooter even though he has the worst FG% on the team and DJ asking people to defend that Bz us a bad coach without the use of any of the statistics that prove as much. There's simply little to no evidence that he is what you say is.

I don't get the need to "explain away" Bz by saying he's some basketball genius who just doesn't get through to the players. A tragedy of Shakespearean proportions! Why can't we just say he's an awful basetball coach and be ok with that? I am.

How many times have you emailed RW to remind him "some" of the fans aren't happy?

Back