• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notes From the Inside

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It's a done deal. Jeff [Redacted] is gone. Listening to conversations with several players it was clear that they have had a strong personal relationship with [Redacted], the person. "Father figure" was said by more than one. There was considerable praise from parents and players and there was definitely some sadness. It is clear that regardless his merit as a basketball coach he is nevertheless well liked. I suppose I was surprised...I'm guessing that since I am in this ogb environment so often that I'd pick up on some reprehensible trait being mentioned. But it was genuine respect and warmth.

These are kids talking about a person they deal with on a daily basis. He is a human being and has dealt with strong criticism and has done so with a surprising amount of grace and stoicism. Certainly more than I would have been able or willing to withstand regardless the payoff. So then...these guys are torn and kind of tender about the topic right now. They are young guys and don't know who is coming yet...so forgive them if they say nice things about Jeff [Redacted] on his way out the door.

The guys who like [Redacted] played under him and only him in college. They have no idea what it's like to be with a nice guy who is a winner.

These are the kind of spin stories that we're all going to have to get used to coming out of the AD and their various outlets. It's the opposite of what we saw with Dino. This will be character restoration instead of the traditional character assassination. Be prepared everybody, this shit is coming.

These are the kind of spin stories that we're all going to have to get used to coming out of the AD and their various outlets. It's the opposite of what we saw with Dino. This will be character restoration instead of the traditional character assassination. Be prepared everybody, this shit is coming.

At this point, I don't give a fuck about the spin. I just want him out and a good coach in. That's it.

His Xs & Os were better than Skip & Dino. Several ACC coaches even said Wake's offense was best run in the league.

His faults:
Recruiting
Motivator
Public Relations

Those are three pretty big minuses.....

His Xs & Os were better than Skip & Dino. Several ACC coaches even said Wake's offense was best run in the league.

It was certainly offensive, only cracking the top 150 in the nation once in [Redacted]'s four years.

His faults:
Recruiting
Motivator
Public Relations

Yeah opposing coaches tend to like our stand around and watch somebody else dribble offense.

His faults:
Recruiting
Motivator
Public Relations

who said this?

His faults:
Recruiting
Motivator
Public Relations

Yeah, no. The half court offense during [Redacted]'s tenure was a smidge better than Dino's, but it wasn't good. Meanwhile, we were better in transition and better on defense under Dino.

Yeah, no. The half court offense during [Redacted]'s tenure was a smidge better than Dino's, but it wasn't good. Meanwhile, we were better in transition and better on defense under Dino.

Don't forget rebounding too!

Look, I don't claim to know a lot about basketball, but if an offense isn't scoring any damn points how is it well run?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Now that Bz will supposedly be history, the only question is; who is the heir apparent??? With Wellman in charge, I will be on pins and needles. Please Ron don't forget your meds...

Half court offense was as bad, at best, and far worse at worst.

Time hasn't been kind to Dino (and he had much better talent), but Buzz is every bit as bad, if not much worse, in terms of half court offensive sets.

It's a done deal. Jeff [Redacted] is gone. Listening to conversations with several players it was clear that they have had a strong personal relationship with [Redacted], the person. "Father figure" was said by more than one. There was considerable praise from parents and players and there was definitely some sadness. It is clear that regardless his merit as a basketball coach he is nevertheless well liked. I suppose I was surprised...I'm guessing that since I am in this ogb environment so often that I'd pick up on some reprehensible trait being mentioned. But it was genuine respect and warmth.

These are kids talking about a person they deal with on a daily basis. He is a human being and has dealt with strong criticism and has done so with a surprising amount of grace and stoicism. Certainly more than I would have been able or willing to withstand regardless the payoff. So then...these guys are torn and kind of tender about the topic right now. They are young guys and don't know who is coming yet...so forgive them if they say nice things about Jeff [Redacted] on his way out the door.

Bullshit, and

...bullshit.

Back