• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notes From the Inside

This. Put a muzzle on it, guys. Lectro's post may seem far-fetched, but it's certainly pawsible. At the very least, I'm sure the players are having a ruff time of it, even if they had to know Bzz was on a short leash coming into the year. Bzz is slinking away with his tail between his legs; who cares if they throw him a bone as he goes? The only thing I would care about is transfer talk, but I'm confident that will be more bark than bite.

Some of you just seem to be piling on because you have a bone to pick with Lectro. While he was fabulously and famously wrong about Buzzy, what need is there to rub his nose in it? I'm sure he's licking his chops, as we all are, to find out who the new coach will be. With so few premier openings this year, we should have our pick of the litter among the up-and-comers. With so much at stake, I'm confident Wellman won't get thrown off the scent this time. So let's all sit back and enjoy the search, and let sleeping dogs lie.

OGB making a surprise early run at the wrong about everything award this year

I am sure he is a nice guy and some of the players had a fatherly like connection to him. That being said he is not a good basketball coach and way below ACC calibre. His teams fundamentals have been bad every year and never improved. If you compare our team to Virgina the failures are clear. Add that to the fact he absolutely was incapable of motivating any team to consistently give their best effort you had a recipe for disaster.

Now Ron please find us a coach who can connect not only to the team but to the fans and students and who can bring out the absolute best in these players. They will be much better for it and so will we.

Players always like soft coaches. They buddy up with them.

Friend of mine saw a tweet from Rountree... can't confirm but he's ready for the decision.

This. Put a muzzle on it, guys. Lectro's post may seem far-fetched, but it's certainly pawsible. At the very least, I'm sure the players are having a ruff time of it, even if they had to know Bzz was on a short leash coming into the year. Bzz is slinking away with his tail between his legs; who cares if they throw him a bone as he goes? The only thing I would care about is transfer talk, but I'm confident that will be more bark than bite.

Some of you just seem to be piling on because you have a bone to pick with Lectro. While he was fabulously and famously wrong about everything, always, what need is there to rub his nose in it? I'm sure he's licking his chops, as we all are, to find out who the new coach will be. With so few premier openings this year, we should have our pick of the litter among the up-and-comers. With so much at stake, I'm confident Wellman won't get thrown off the scent this time. So let's all sit back and enjoy the search, and let sleeping dogs lie.

fify

No bone to pick with Lectro, just find it odd that he's suddenly a basketball insider. Forgive me for bring a touch suspicious.

the athletic compliance and accounting staffs love themselves some coach b. Made their jobs infinitely easier with his attention to detail

Some of you just seem to be piling on because you have a bone to pick with Lectro. While he was fabulously and famously wrong about Buzzy, what need is there to rub his nose in it? I'm sure he's licking his chops, as we all are, to find out who the new coach will be. With so few premier openings this year, we should have our pick of the litter among the up-and-comers. With so much at stake, I'm confident Wellman won't get thrown off the scent this time. So let's all sit back and enjoy the search, and let sleeping dogs lie.

OGB making a surprise early run at the wrong about everything award this year

I think he's hinting at Ben Howl-and.

Who cares what the spin is? The only thing that matters is that he is no longer our coach and he is no longer a representative of WFU. Even with Wellman making the choice, it is basically impossible to do worse. If Skip were still alive, coaching the DEACS, and had achieved the same win/loss record as [Redacted] during the last four years, I definitely wouldn't feel the same way as I do now about [Redacted]. Skip inspired confidence in his players and Wake fans. If we had a bad stretch, he would have assured us that we would be good again - and we would have believed him. We would have felt good about him as the leader of our student-athletes. We would have felt good about him as a representative of our school. It sucks that the DEACS have had such a staggering run during the last few years. However, this issue is bigger than our win/loss record or who coaches our team.

#Buzzout from now until the press conference, press release, or whatever method our Supreme Leader chooses to inform us about the future of the program.

BuzzOUT! TILL HE'S GONE!

Aaron Rountree III (@DeaconTREE33)
3/17/14, 7:44 PM
"Uh, will you answer me? Take me out of hell and make plans for me?"

His Xs & Os were better than Skip & Dino. Several ACC coaches even said Wake's offense was best run in the league.

His faults:
Recruiting
Motivator
Public Relations

Those are three pretty big minuses.....

Which ACC coaches...men's soccer?....women's field hockey?

Makes you wonder about the rumored meetings, the telling players to leave, the final decision on Bzz. I don't think anyone other than Wellman knows what is really going on.

ah-jesus5.jpg

:golfclap:

Lol. If this thread is just the start, it should be fun reading the spin from lectro, ACC(WFUAD)Office, etc for the next few weeks.

Back