• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama

The planned observance of the 10th anniversary of America’s worst terror attack will include the Bishop of Washington, a Hindu priest, a Buddhist nun, the president of the Islamic Society of North America and a Muslim musician – but not an evangelical Christian. This exclusion has caused SBC President Frank Page to call upon the president to reconsider his presence at the event.

Obama is slated to speak at a “secular” program on Sunday night. According to reports, five faith leaders are scheduled to deliver prayers, but these individuals have not yet been publicly identified.

Considering evangelical Christianity’s influence in America, it’s interesting that the event, entitled “A Call to Compassion,” will exclude this large subset of the faith. According to Fox News
Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean everyone isn't really out to get you.

However, other Obama administration guidelines are more striking, even strange. For example, officials are to "minimize references to Al Qaeda" because Osama bin Laden is dead and "Al Qaeda and its adherents have become increasingly irrelevant."

That's from your link. You said it was because he didn't want to offend Muslims. That "source" says it's to minimize AQ because they are far less relevant today.

That's from your link. You said it was because he didn't want to offend Muslims. That "source" says it's to minimize AQ because they are far less relevant today.

Ok even if I had it wrong, so he is saying they are less relevent. Is that why this whole week all you could hear about was car bomb threats in NYC and DC and threatening messages being posted on the White House Facebbok page? Less say everything I posted was wrong except for the Muslim Brotherhood. Is that not enough to want him out?

"The Obama administration is set to begin formal contacts with the Muslim Brotherhood, a group dedicated in its own words to “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within, and sabotaging its miserable house.”

This news came in a Reuters report Wednesday, quoting a “senior U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.” Why this official felt it necessary to speak on condition of anonymity is a mystery, given the fact that Barack Obama has never made a secret of his solicitude for the Muslim Brotherhood. Even though the Brotherhood was still outlawed in Egypt at that time, he made a point of inviting leaders of the group to attend his speech to the Islamic world in Cairo on June 4, 2009.

Not only that. Obama included the leader of a Muslim Brotherhood-linked group that had been named an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case among the clerics giving a prayer during his inauguration ceremonies: Ingrid Mattson, then-president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), offered this prayer at the National Cathedral on Obama’s Inauguration Day – despite the fact that ISNA has admitted its ties to the Brotherhood. In fact, so overwhelming is the evidence of ISNA’s involvement with the Brotherhood and Hamas that the previous summer, federal prosecutors had rejected a request from ISNA to remove its unindicted co-conspirator status. Obama even sent his Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett to be the keynote speaker at ISNA’s national convention in 2009."

Last edited:
Guys, there 's no sense talking to Grad. His position here is even crazier than his basketball statements.

Yea our president supporting an extremist muslim organization in the Egyptian elections is irrelevent and stupid of me to say. I'm sorry I don't have the same views on everything as you RJ. And we'll see if your boy TC will be an all-american pg like you expect since your source in Pilly says so.

First of all he isn't SUPPORTING the Muslim Brotherhood, hje's acjknowledging the reality that they are a legitimate partyi n Egypt.

Secondly. Nice LIE. I hjave NEVER said TC would be anything approaching an All-American PG.

Let's see if you admit that you are lying about what I said about TC.

Acknowledging they are a party and meeting with them doesn't seem wrong to you? They have stated they want to destroy the US. I wouldn't acknowledge them as a potential option for government or ever try to meet with them. And of course you didn't say TC would be an all-american, that would be nonsense. But you did say he is going to surpirse everybody because of your source when he has shown nothing since he got here. Not even in a terrible summer league did he stand out.

Acknowledging they are a party and meeting with them doesn't seem wrong to you? They have stated they want to destroy the US. I wouldn't acknowledge them as a potential option for government or ever try to meet with them. And of course you didn't say TC would be an all-american, that would be nonsense. But you did say he is going to surpirse everybody because of your source when he has shown nothing since he got here. Not even in a terrible summer league did he stand out.

Once again I didn't say that either. I said we haven't seen the player Tony can be and that he didn't have talent around him in the summer.

At the heart of this is why did you feel the need to intentionally lie about me saying he would be AA?

When you do that nothnig you say abotu anything can be taken seriously. It shows you'll say ANYTHING whether it's true or not to make your point.

Even when you KNOW you are lying you'll say whatever you feel like saying. It says a LOT about your character.

There are virtually no people on either side who will so intentionally and wantonly lie like you do.

"Even worse, in April 2009, Obama appointed Arif Alikhan​, the deputy mayor of Los Angeles, as assistant secretary for policy development at the Department of Homeland Security​"

Oh great, now L.A. supports the Muslim Brotherhood.

I grew up in a town with an evangelical college. And while I'm not an evangelical, I know dozens of people who grew up in families who attended or taught at that college. Many were among the most compassionate and giving people I've ever met - anywhere. People who travel to other countries to live in poverty so they can help others are not what I would call vengeful.

Like any large group of people you'll have some assholes. For instance, the assholes who drove planes into the world trade center were all "muslims". Does that make all muslims vengeful? I think we all know the answer.

Put the stupid rhetroic back in your pants. In other words, quit talking so much out of your asshole.

Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell aren't just "some assholes". They are/were leaders who spoke for millions of evangelicals. One of them even ran for president. And there are many other evangelical leaders of similar stature who feel the same way. James Dobson immediately comes to mind. These aren't just guys on the street. They speak for millions of evangelicals....and those evangelicals think enough of them & what they preach to send them hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.

Yeah, so?

That, again, does not make all or even most evangelicals vengeful. The leaders of Iran and the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden spoke or speak for tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of Muslims. Does that make all muslims "vengeful"?

Pick a religion and you'll find people who use it for ill.

But that never makes all members of a movement, "vengeful".

For someone who purports to be "liberal" your world view seems to be conveniently narrow all too often.

Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell aren't just "some assholes". They are/were leaders who spoke for millions of evangelicals. One of them even ran for president. And there are many other evangelical leaders of similar stature who feel the same way. James Dobson immediately comes to mind. These aren't just guys on the street. They speak for millions of evangelicals....and those evangelicals think enough of them & what they preach to send them hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.

Ah, now we get to the real reason behind BKF's dislike of evangelicals. What would be the over under on percentage of BKF's posts that reference Bush and/or money?

Back