• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

It makes perfect sense. You don't tell people who don't need to know what you are doing. They are all big boys and understand this.

The only hard feelings in Tampa are the Brits with their own government.

What a shock! A paper that put out birther stories doesn't like Obama.

The perfect situation is the first picture- "Don't support terrorists"- Obama is bad because he didn't immediately send US troops to tilt a civil war AND Obama is also bad for supporting those who want Assad out.

why doesn't Israel take care of its neighbors; they have military hardware

Last edited:
we need to find out who the scientists are who developed the weapons, and murder them while they eat lunch

To highlight how absurd a "bombing" will be at accomplishing anything whatsoever...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/syria-said-be-hiding-weapons-moving-troops
As the Obama administration tries to prod Congress into backing armed action against Syria, the regime in Damascus is hiding military hardware and shifting troops out of bases into civilian areas.

"The Syrian regime knows there are 30-40 potential targets for U.S. airstrikes, and they have had ample time to prepare," said Hisham Jaber, a retired Lebanese army general and director of the Middle East Center for Studies and Political Research in Beirut. "Half of them, if not more, have been evacuated, moved or camouflaged. This is the natural thing to do."

And can anyone give a good reason as to why Assad would use chemical weapons? The rebels and/or anyone plotting regime change (hello there CIA) have far more to gain from such an attack than Assad, who was doing just "fine" using conventional methods of killing his own people.

I-Didnt-Join-The-Navy-To-Fight-For-Al-Qaeda-In-A-Syrian-Civil-War-460x345.jpg

So hopefully you all don't think this belongs on the "Facebook gold from crazies" thread, but after having a parishioner ask about a faithful response to this situation, I wrote some thoughts. Since this thread had more activity on it, I figured I'd share it here. Syria, Just War Theory, and Faith.

Heard a great call-in to Diane Rehm this morning from a marine chastising one of the guest for talking about potential intervention in Syria like it was checkers.

Last edited:
I don't know, but a good place to start is to follow the money. Fuck Obama on this, and fuck our intelligence sources. Its a sellout

I'm just curious what the countertheories are on this one. I don't think that Syria does this without Russia's advanced knowledge...in which case, we're 1,000 times worse off than we thought.

Norman Podhoretz, one of the founders of the neo-con movement, wrote 'A Call For World War IV' 11 years ago. He considered the Cold War to be WWIII. Sound familiar?

“The regimes that richly deserve to be overthrown and replaced are not confined to the three singled-out members of the axis of evil(Iraq, Iran, N Korea). At a minimum, this axis should extend to Syria and Lebanon and Libya, as well as ‘friends’ of America like the Saudi royal family and Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak, along with the Palestinian Authority, whether headed by Arafat or one of his henchmen.”

Apart from Iran, none of these regimes represents “militant Islam,” the alleged target of Podhoretz’s World War IV. The only thing they actually have in common, obviously, is that they are Israel’s enemies. World War IV would be a war to destroy Israel’s enemies — fought, of course, by the United States.

Fuck that guy. He's a poser. With his rank he made a decision to stay in the military AFTER the truth about Iraq came out, and AFTER several years of fighting in Afghanistan, after it became obvious we were dealing with an inept government and unreliable national security force. I'm sure you if you asked him, he would tell you he didn't join to go to war under false pretense in Iraq either. He's a fucking punk for using his uniform as a prop and a pussy for hiding his face.

Read more here: http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=37363

We can't have the prez embarrassed- so let's start a war! Unreal.

As D.C.’s delegate to Congress, Holmes is unable to actually cast a vote in the debate, but she told Press: “If [Obama] gets saved at all, I think it’ll be because, it’ll be because of loyalty of Democrats. They just don’t want to see him shamed and humiliated on the national stage.”

She elaborated: “At the moment, that’s the only reason I would vote for it if I could vote on it.

I'd guess a good percentage of the votes will be to protect Obama or to spite him. That's politics.

It sounds like we will vote to authorize force. The Dems will vote to support Obama and the GOP seems to be falling in line as well...

Back