• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

Something that has become clear throughout the past week is that I'm really grateful that neither John Kerry nor John McCain won the presidency. What clowns... For as much as I criticize him, I think that Obama has actually handled this pretty well all things considered. The last thing that you want to do is commit to military action without the approval of elected representatives and on the foundation of what could be intelligence on par with Bush II's hunt for WMDs.

Was a major Obama screw up to talk about a red line when he had no intention of following through. He's managed to cover his ass a little bit by deferring to Congress and he'll take a hit when they vote it down, but that's much better than going in without authorization. The House isn't going to bail him out for making a stupid statement. McCain and Graham are certifiably insane. They'll vote against it because it's not aggressive enough. Graham may lose in a primary, but McCain is waaay out there on his own.

totally right to hand it to congress. If/when we bungle this it's on the dipshits in that chamber.

I don't trust our intelligence one bit. We lie like fuck to protect our money all over the world. This is horseshit, Assad didn't gas those people.

Then who did?

Then who did?

Not sure, but shouldn't we be damn certain on this before we run in guns blazing?

What I don't get is why RJ is so willing to trust the intelligence on this. It's not like intel has ever been fudged to lead us into a military action...

So now we have thrown the British officers out of CENTCOM because they voted against Syria. Obama wanted to reset relations with all of our enemies. How long will it take the next President to repair the relationship with our allies? He really is clueless when it comes to anything but campaigning.

So now we have thrown the British officers out of CENTCOM because they voted against Syria. Obama wanted to reset relations with all of our enemies. How long will it take the next President to repair the relationship with our allies? He really is clueless when it comes to anything but campaigning.

Link?

You are such a fucking clown. You can google, yahoo, bing, etc. your BS story and not one link comes up.

Was a major Obama screw up to talk about a red line when he had no intention of following through. He's managed to cover his ass a little bit by deferring to Congress and he'll take a hit when they vote it down, but that's much better than going in without authorization. The House isn't going to bail him out for making a stupid statement. McCain and Graham are certifiably insane. They'll vote against it because it's not aggressive enough. Graham may lose in a primary, but McCain is waaay out there on his own.

This

Thank you, Allan Grayson for speaking for the majority of Americans.

Not sure, but shouldn't we be damn certain on this before we run in guns blazing?

What I don't get is why RJ is so willing to trust the intelligence on this. It's not like intel has ever been fudged to lead us into a military action...

Any issue which brings Jhmd and RJ together is cause for pause, eh?

Then who did?

The SAME BARBARIANS who routinely pack bombs on their youths and march them into street side cafes filled with everyday people. The disfigured band of miscreants you are trying to call rebels...the worst incarnations of Al Qaida yet seen.

Is that "who" you are siding with? You aren't going to get Syria from the Russians. That ain't happening. What is your cynical motivation? Don't give me some patriotic bluster about "our responsibilities as the worlds...."

I am tired. The people are tired. You've gone to the well one too many times.

It's not just about intelligence agencies. Doctors, the pictures, the hardware all show it's chemical weapons. There is hard and definitive evidence they used chemical weapons.

We don't think these weapons were used. We know they and can prove it.

Back