• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Can still get Rutgers -6.5 at my book and thinking about hammering this as VPI lost their best receiver (transfer from ODU) and Grant Wells is questionable to play

The line of the week is on the W. Michigan at Iowa game.

Iowa is favored by 28, and the total is 43. Let that sink in. Keep in mind that Hawkeyes are a 28 point fave even though Iowa has scored more than 28 in a game once since November 2021 - a span of 18 games. This year, Iowa scored 24 against Utah State (a bad team) and 20 (with a defensive score) against Iowa State. So, for Iowa to be favored by 28, when they have scored 28 once in forever is quite a thing. For a team to be favored by 28 and have a total at 43 is next to impossible. Hasn't happened in 15 years.

This line puts the W. Michigan team total at 7.5. FWIW, W. Michigan played Cuse last week, and scored in the first minute of the game to go up 7-0. The Broncos then lost 45-7. Shutout for the final 59 minutes -- against Syracuse. Iowa plays at Penn State next week; so, this is a look ahead spot, but W. Michigan's offense is so dreadful, and Iowa's defense is really good. So, pretty good chance that W Michigan doesn't score. The question is whether can Iowa get over 28...

I can get Rutgers -6.5 at my book and thinking about hammering this as VPI lost their best receiver (transfer from ODU) and Grant Wells is questionable to play
Ali Jennings the WR transfer from ODU is out.

Looking like Baylor transfer Kyron Drones will start at QB (even if Wells can play, he has sucked). Rutgers offense is terrible as always, but their defense is good.

The total is down to 37.5 and Rutgers now sitting -7 on the books I see. VT team total is 14.5. Feels like a 21-10 or 24-13 type game. I think Rutgers probably covers but obviously I'd like 6.5 more than 7.

Did I see that the team total for Florida is 26.5 against Tennessee? I can't see them getting anywhere near that number.

Like Florida plus the points. Joe Milton is still less than the sum of his parts.

FWIW, this game pits Graham Mertz (who is a Wisconsin QB reject) against Joe Milton (who is a Michigan QB reject) -- the SEC QB situation is really sad. Mertz and Milton faced off in November 2020, and Joe Milton was 9 for 19 for 98 yards and 2 INTs. Mertz threw for a whopping 127 yards in that game. Wisconsin won 49-11. Milton, with all of the talent in the world, has yet to prove that he can get it done. Now, we get to see that same matchup three years later. Does it really mean more?

Like Florida plus the points. Joe Milton is still less than the sum of his parts.

FWIW, this game pits Graham Mertz (who is a Wisconsin QB reject) against Joe Milton (who is a Michigan QB reject) -- the SEC QB situation is really sad. Mertz and Milton faced off in November 2020, and Joe Milton was 9 for 19 for 98 yards and 2 INTs. Mertz threw for a whopping 127 yards in that game. Wisconsin won 49-11. Milton, with all of the talent in the world, has yet to prove that he can get it done. Now, we get to see that same matchup three years later. Does it really mean more?
I'm also not a huge Milton believer, but in the last two years, he's completing 65% of his passes, for 1400 yards (granted, some in mop up duty) for 14 TDs and 0 INTs. He also has a cannon and is a big body/able runner. Torched Clemson in the bowl game with his top receivers sitting out and his current cast on the field.

Heupel also >>>> Napier.

Agree that Heupel is a the better coach, but keep the following in mind:

As a HC, Billy Napier is 17-5 ATS as a dog.

Last year, Florida was 5-0 ATS as dog.

Tom Herman had a similarly great run as a dog while at Texas, and he couldn't keep his job.

Iowa is favored by 28, and the total is 43. Let that sink in. Keep in mind that Hawkeyes are a 28 point fave even though Iowa has scored more than 28 in a game once since November 2021 - a span of 18 games. This year, Iowa scored 24 against Utah State (a bad team) and 20 (with a defensive score) against Iowa State. So, for Iowa to be favored by 28, when they have scored 28 once in forever is quite a thing. For a team to be favored by 28 and have a total at 43 is next to impossible. Hasn't happened in 15 years.

This line puts the W. Michigan team total at 7.5. FWIW, W. Michigan played Cuse last week, and scored in the first minute of the game to go up 7-0. The Broncos then lost 45-7. Shutout for the final 59 minutes -- against Syracuse. Iowa plays at Penn State next week; so, this is a look ahead spot, but W. Michigan's offense is so dreadful, and Iowa's defense is really good. So, pretty good chance that W Michigan doesn't score. The question is whether can Iowa get over 28...
Brian Ferentz "can he average 25 points per game and keep his OC job" watch alert! Early returns are not good....

hm - double down on a W Mich cover / Under parlay?

Wake Forest -10.5 1st Half
Wyoming ML (trust the process)
App State -9.5
Liberty -3

Thinking about KState -3.5. And ditto on WMU/Iowa.

I think Syracuse is not good at all, and beat WMU 48-7. Would be tough to bet on them against Iowa, though the under looks nice.

I think Cuse is off to a pretty solid start. They haven't played anybody so it makes it a little bit more challenging to handicap but they've looked solid both sides of the ball. Every power rating I take a look at has them top 40 - a few have them top 30.

I think Cuse is off to a pretty solid start. They haven't played anybody so it makes it a little bit more challenging to handicap but they've looked solid both sides of the ball. Every power rating I take a look at has them top 40 - a few have them top 30.
They're the team i have no idea what to do with in terms of numbers. Part of that is a fool me once feeling from last year part of it is.. they lost so much from last year

Last year, Cuse started out 6-0, including a blowout of L'ville. The Orange, then, fell apart finishing 1-6. Skeptical of the Orange 2-0 start.

It really sucks working on Missouri side and living on KS side of the state line. So many times I’d like to place a bet but then realize I’m in Missouri.

Back