• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

BetOnline believes that the Colorado-Nebraska game will be the most bet regular season football game in their platform's history. That's absolutely nuts.

That the Vegas line hasn't moved off of Nebraska +3 and 90% of the money coming in on Colorado I believe tells you how Vegas feels about the game. Taking a stand for sure

Interesting "trends" game IMO is California hosting Auburn at 10:30 PM. Pac 12 teams have won 8 regular season games in a row against SEC teams in California dating back to 2000 (which tells you how little the SEC travels out to the West Coast in the regular season). California looked very good against North Texas in their opener. Line opened Cal +5.5 and has moved to +6.5. Keeping my eye on this and probably firing if it gets to 7 which I don't know if it will until sometime Saturday if it does at all. Money should come in on that later in the day as one of the late night ones

BetOnline believes that the Colorado-Nebraska game will be the most bet regular season football game in their platform's history. That's absolutely nuts.

That the Vegas line hasn't moved off of Nebraska +3 and 90% of the money coming in on Colorado I believe tells you how Vegas feels about the game. Taking a stand for sure
Yep. Interesting that LV is taking a stand on this game. With the action all on the Buffs, the line should go to Colorado -6 or more. Guess they don't want to leave too much room for a middle. When the public lines up on a side like Colorado, always look to play the other side, but Colorado's offense seems legit (I love the Colorado OC Sean Lewis), and Nebraska's offense is horrible. Even though Nebraska defense played well against Minnesota, hard to see how the Nebraska offense can keep up.

Yep. Interesting that LV is taking a stand on this game. With the action all on the Buffs, the line should go to Colorado -6 or more. Guess they don't want to leave too much room for a middle. When the public lines up on a side like Colorado, always look to play the other side, but Colorado's offense seems legit (I love the Colorado OC Sean Lewis), and Nebraska's offense is horrible. Even though Nebraska defense played well against Minnesota, hard to see how the Nebraska offense can keep up.
Yeah I'm not going to touch this I don't believe but the argument I think is Nebraska's defense is able to slow down what Colorado did against TCU (who may or may not be bad on defense) and that Colorado's defense actually isn't that good still (I read they had 0 tackles for loss against TCU and a couple breakdowns seemed to harp on TCU moving away from grinding it out in the red zone when they were largely successful running the football).

I think if I were going to do anything with the game, I'd just swing for the fences and bet Nebraska ML or take the points plus the under for a juicy little same game parlay. The totals and the close spread don't add up to me at all.

Handful of promos available tonight for the first NFL game.

Fanduel:

Mahomes 250+ passing yards and 1 passing TD boosted from -300 to +100
50% profit boost on any KC-Detroit bet

DraftKings:

No sweat bet on KC-Detroit (bonus bet if lose)
Up by 7 win ML bet. If the team you take ML on leads by 7 at any point the bet cashes (best value you’ll get on an underdog here I’d imagine)

Question:

Last night Bovada had any score within the last two minutes of the first half at +305.

Are those odds typical for that bet?

I felt like that was good value. Obviously paid off last night.

The Friday night Illinois at Kansas action looks playable. I'd endorse Illinois +3.5 (at 115, but it gives you the hook).

Question:

Last night Bovada had any score within the last two minutes of the first half at +305.

Are those odds typical for that bet?

I felt like that was good value. Obviously paid off last night.
Feels like incredible value overall. I’d imagine somewhere between 14-16% of total points scored come in the final two minutes of the first half.

ETA: last year teams scored on 37% of all drives across the league. Teams score more in last two minutes of the half than any other time. Chiefs are probably ahead of the 37% to start with. +305 is below 25% implied odds. Definitely good value

Last edited:
I don’t see any value on any bet for tonight. Power ratings largely have it around Kansas -3 and the total almost spot on. I think if I took anything it would be Kansas to cover at home with Daniels back but I’m staying away

I've got a bonus bet for a same game parlay on DK (only up to $10 but it is what it is!). Thinking about firing off on the Nebraska ML U59.5 for utmost chaos. If Nebraska wins I don't see it going over and I think there's just a lot of value on Nebraska overall.

top CFL bets for the weekend:

Tulane moneyline
Colorado/Nebraska under 59
NC State moneyline
Wisconsin/Wash St under 58
Ball St +42.5
W Mich / Syracuse under 57.5
Tulane / Ole Miss under 66.5
Michigan / UNLV under 57

App State +19 doesn’t seem all too bad. QB2 went for 84% and 4 TDs against FCS (then) ranked Gardner Webb after Ryan Burger had a bone poking through his skin

Flat spot for UNC, but how many points will the Heels score against an App defense that has lost its way?

UNC scored 63 points last year against App, and the App's gave up 24 to FCS Gardner Webb last week. Will be rooting for the Apps, but UNC could score 50, and their defense appears to be improved. Would lean toward the Apps, but pass.

I will take LaFayette against Duke tomorrow whenever the line comes out. Duke is coming off their biggest win in the last 50 years, and is playing on a short week, just 4 prep days). Lafayette is a weak Patriot League team, but if there was ever a spot for Duke to mail it in and play their 2nd and 3rd string early, this would be it. Sagarin has this line at 43. It won't be that high, but if it's 39 or more, I will take the Leopards (and be happy that this game isn't televised).

So far I have:

Vanderbilt @ Wake (-10)
Purdue (+3) @ Virginia Tech
Marshall @ East Carolina (+3.5)
UAB (+6.5) @ Georgia Southern (moved to +7 now)
Houston (-9.5) @ Rice (moved to -9 which I'm absolutely fascinated by)
NMSU @ Liberty (-10)
Nebraska-Colorado: Nebraska ML + Under 59.5 parlay (bonus bet on DK)

Considering and may pull the trigger on sometime before kickoff tomorrow:

Iowa @ Iowa State (+4)
Tulsa @ Washington (-34.5)
Cincy @ Pitt (-7)
Temple @ Rutgers (-8.5)
Stanford (+29.5) @ USC
Auburn @ California (+6)

I was hoping Cal would creep to 7 from 6.5 but it didn't and I doubt it will. USC defense is going to give up points and Stanford seemed pretty competent against USC. Rutgers defense is very good (albeit against absolute disaster NW who is a dog at home to UTEP this week). Washington was dominant last week.

i've crushed on value-driven nfl player props

a few for the weekend if you wanna ride with buckets

Rachaad White under 2.5 receptions
Irv Smith Jr under 2.5 receptions
Darius Slayton under 2.5 receptions
Peoples-Jones under 2.5 receptions
Anthony Richardson under 210 passing yards

Back