• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

ibleed is a cuckoo bird. It's ok if Duncan and/or the Spurs are not involved in everything great that has ever happened in the NBA since 1998. It doesn't diminish their success.

Hope curry is ok.

Spurs never went for the record and rarely did they care much about seeding. their rest plan has lost them a ton of games over the years. To say injuries have not impacted a few title runs is anti spurs donk group think.

Which year did manu play through the play offs with a broken elbow?

I thought that was the Memphis upset of the #1 seeded Spurs.

After 19 years of playoffs, most of them as a legit contender it's hard to keep track of all the injuries that affected title runs. GS has a shorter list. GS won the west by 6 games, yep best record etc, but they are not that far ahead of the 2nd seed.

Rumor Pau G to the Spurs next year.

Cg6UJ3YUcAQI--K.jpg

Probably best realistic outcome for Warriors.

Out 2 weeks? Works for me. Cept for that le bone is totally gonna win the points game. Clips have been hurt 3 years in a row in the playoffs, just hope CP's hammy holds up this year.

Out 2 weeks? Works for me. Cept for that le bone is totally gonna win the points game. Clips have been hurt 3 years in a row in the playoffs, just hope CP's hammy holds up this year.

your clipes better beat the zers tonight

The good news for the Warriors is that the way the NBA spaces out the playoff games, if Curry only misses only two weeks, he may not miss the entire 2nd round.

The bad news is that MCL sprains can linger, and there is legit reason to doubt how quickly Curry would return to form even if the sprain is mild. We will see how great GS really is. Beating the Clippers without Curry would be very impressive.

Las Vegas Superbook odds for the title after the Steph news:

SA +150
GS +225
Cle +300
OKC +1000
LAC +1800

If 2 weeks is the absolute minimum then even if Clips-Blazers goes 7 games Steph wouldn't be back until game 4 at the earliest. If the Clips win in 5 and the scheduling breaks their way, game 5 would likely be 2 weeks from today. If the dubs were down 3-1 and Steph was close I imagine he would play.

So the length of Clips/Zers series will have at most a 1-game effect on Steph's return.

Warriors/Rockets and Blazers/Clippers are both scheduled to finish Wed/Fri/Sun this week.....if both first round series are done by Friday, then Game 1 of their WC semifinal would begin on Sunday (ABC is guaranteed 2 games on Sunday, so it will either be two Game 1's of the conference semis, or some combination of Game 7's and Game 1 semis). Even if both series end in 5 games, the earliest Game 1 of Clips/Warriors could be is Sunday. If their Game 1 is on Sunday, Game 2 would be Tuesday, then they'd take Thursday May 5th off and Game 3 would be on Saturday, May 7th, with Game 4 being Monday, May 9th (two weeks from today).

Back