• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Jaybone v. RJ >>>>>>> millennials arguing about decimal points and data narrative.

The NBA Thread is back!

This Warriors team is up there with Magic's Lakers and Holtzman's Knicks.

To get Durant they would have to lose Barnes, Livingston and possible one more player and get Bogut to sign for exception money. Livingston is extremely valuable. He is a nightmare match-up.

Are you trying to argue that replacing barnes and livingston with Kevin Durant could be a bad thing? A Curry, Draymond pick and roll with Durant and Thompson on the wings is unguardable.

Speights would sign elsewhere as well as Barbosa. Barbosa is probably running out value anyway, a Dubs team with Durant would have Iggy, Ezili, Jason Thompson and Kevin Looney coming off the bench with whomever else they can get with exceptions contacts and minimums. The year after that they wouldn't be able to resign Iggy and likely Bogut due to need to sign Steph to the contract he deserves.

I agree the Dubs have great chemistry and while I think they could be really good with Durant, it kills there flexibility for 5 years to have Green, Thompson, Curry and Durant all to $17+ mil per year contacts (probably $20mil per year average for the four.

I just can't go out and say the Dubs have better chemistry than anyone in the history of sports after watching Duncan, Manu, and Parker win more games together than Bird, McHale and the Chief or Magic, Worthy and Kareem.

In fact, I think it is silly. Like Skip Bayless stupid.

Personally, I I don't find Durant a top 5 player in the league, top 5 talent but not a top 5 player. Not a big learner. Can't post up. Not strong enough to play D in the paint, not an elite passer. He's a good teammate when he wins awards and he is an elite shooter, but I would rather keep Barnes + the Levi + Mo Buckets while at the same time keeping flexibility when Curry gets his money.

Are you trying to argue that replacing barnes and livingston with Kevin Durant could be a bad thing? A Curry, Draymond pick and roll with Durant and Thompson on the wings is unguardable.

There's no reason to mess with success. They would be losing 2-3 pieces.

If Durant was available after next season when the cap explodes, it would be a no brainer.

Speights would sign elsewhere as well as Barbosa. Barbosa is probably running out value anyway, a Dubs team with Durant would have Iggy, Ezili, Jason Thompson and Kevin Looney coming off the bench with whomever else they can get with exceptions contacts and minimums. The year after that they wouldn't be able to resign Iggy and likely Bogut due to need to sign Steph to the contract he deserves.

I agree the Dubs have great chemistry and while I think they could be really good with Durant, it kills there flexibility for 5 years to have Green, Thompson, Curry and Durant all to $17+ mil per year contacts (probably $20mil per year average for the four.

I just can't go out and say the Dubs have better chemistry than anyone in the history of sports after watching Duncan, Manu, and Parker win more games together than Bird, McHale and the Chief or Magic, Worthy and Kareem.

In fact, I think it is silly. Like Skip Bayless stupid.

Personally, I I don't find Durant a top 5 player in the league, top 5 talent but not a top 5 player. Not a big learner. Can't post up. Not strong enough to play D in the paint, not an elite passer. He's a good teammate when he wins awards and he is an elite shooter, but I would rather keep Barnes + the Levi + Mo Buckets while at the same time keeping flexibility when Curry gets his money.

Jay, words matter.....here's what I said-

" More importantly they have among the best team chemistry I've ever seen in any sport. "

AMONG allows for teams like the Spurs, Celtics, Lakers and Knicks........

oh man the chief is gonna make so much money this summer.

He signed a ridiculously team-friendly 4-year deal last summer. His salary actually decreases each of the next three years, culminating in a $6.9 million salary in 2018-19. It's actually a pretty awful deal for him and a great one for the 'Zers.

There's no reason to mess with success. They would be losing 2-3 pieces.

If Durant was available after next season when the cap explodes, it would be a no brainer.

The Spurs blew it all up after B2B trips to the Finals. There are pieces and then there are pieces. Outside of Curry, Green, and Thompson everyone is replaceable on that roster.

The Spurs blew it all up after B2B trips to the Finals. There are pieces and then there are pieces. Outside of Curry, Green, and Thompson everyone is replaceable on that roster.

For many years people always talked about having a team filled with athletic 6'8 guys and a center. That's basically what GS has done.

For GS to get Durant, they won't be able to sign anyone to fill those slots other than minimum players and possibly an exception. If they lose Bogut, Speights won't be a good 30+mpg replacement.

The Spurs were and still are getting old.

Jay, words matter.....here's what I said-

" More importantly they have among the best team chemistry I've ever seen in any sport. "

AMONG allows for teams like the Spurs, Celtics, Lakers and Knicks........

Among allows for a lot of things, including rijiggering blanket statements to include things you excluded when you first made them.

It's what I said. I didn't say what you said. My next post included specific teams. But I didn't say what you wanted me to say.

The question is will teams dismiss Denzel Valentine's non-stellar of "measurables" like they did with Draymond. I would not be surprised for the Spurs to trade up to get him like they did with Kawhi. Something like their 1st and Green or that and something else to move up to 9-15 to get him.

Both Draymond and Valentine went to Michigan State, COINCIDENCE???

I don't think it's coincidence. It's about Izzo and picking that type of player. And getting them to stay for four years.

Last edited:
The question is will teams dismiss Denzel Valentine's non-stellar of "measurables" like they did with Draymond. I would not be surprised for the Spurs to trade up to get him like they did with Kawhi. Something like their 1st and Green or that and something else to move up to 9-15 to get him.
Nah, isn't that way way above where he's projected to go?

James Johnson is going to take over at the SF spot once Manu retires. #hearditherefirst

Back