• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Sixers fans getting a bit antsy for wins. Big question in Phily is do they get win #1 before Dec 1? I've heard more than a few "nope" comments. Saturday vs Orlando is best choice for a win before the Dec 1 game hosting Lakers.

they 76ers should be pulling for the Lakers

What was Twitter killing Hoiberg about tonight? Starting McDermott and thus having a terrible defensive lineup?

I'm a sixers fan and post a lot on sixers boards and cheering for or against the Lakers is one of the most discussed topics.

People have run a ton of numbers and it has been generally decided that it is better to cheer against the Lakers for now. The optimal spot to have the Lakers finish is 4th worst, but for example having them finish with 2nd worst is significantly better than having them finish 8th worst.

What was Twitter killing Hoiberg about tonight? Starting McDermott and thus having a terrible defensive lineup?

well before tonight he was getting shit about the defense and a certain lineup he kept putting out that was getting crushed (the 2nd one):

CSxwnOKUAAA2M4b.jpg:large

i didn't watch the game tonight but haralabob was crushing him, he didn't get into specifics though

I'm a sixers fan and post a lot on sixers boards and cheering for or against the Lakers is one of the most discussed topics.

People have run a ton of numbers and it has been generally decided that it is better to cheer against the Lakers for now. The optimal spot to have the Lakers finish is 4th worst, but for example having them finish with 2nd worst is significantly better than having them finish 8th worst.

ha i didn't put much thought into it but they look like the one of the worst teams in the league and i know the pick is top 3 protected. if the have the 2nd worst record tho i guess theres a decent chance the get the 4th or 5th pick so that makes sense.

eta: altho the worse they are early the more pressure they'll have to overtly tank to keep the pick down the stretch

Last edited:
I do like the AFA/CJ McCollum wing pairing. A lot of synergy there. Their respective strengths and weaknesses mesh well.

Hoiberg keeps pairing Mirotic and Gasol and then Noah with Gibson. Seems like you should split those guys up. Makes the most sense to start Noah and Mirotic, but maybe Gasol has a problem coming off the bench.

i think haralabob is going through a tough breakup or something. dude is hating on coaches at an incredible level rn even for him

Hoiberg keeps pairing Mirotic and Gasol and then Noah with Gibson. Seems like you should split those guys up. Makes the most sense to start Noah and Mirotic, but maybe Gasol has a problem coming off the bench.

I read in an interview that the Noah-Gibson pairing was based on chemistry and Noah suggesting he come off the bench and play with Taj. Not a good fit on O.

McBuckets started last night. Hoiberg is gonna move things around for a while. I've only been able to watch 1.5 games, but the sets didn't seem terrible to me. He definitely is trying to get them out and running.

I think he can figure it out.

Kobe off to an 0-5 start as the Lakers are behind 17 - 6 to the winless Nets. Woof.

Kobe off to an 0-5 start as the Lakers are behind 17 - 6 to the winless Nets. Woof.

twitter is posting kobe clips. after every brick he just stands there while his man runs down the court for a lay up.

Jon Barry just said Dennis Hopper needs to be in Indiana tonight for the Hoosiers jersey night

Seth Curry found a team? Interesting. Also, SacTown's arena name, Sleep Train, probably isn't the best.

Ish had 11 assists and 0 turnovers in a loss to Atlanta. Teague had 19 pts.

Some of the records are wrong, but ah, whatever.

CTLWrgNU8AAGSPf.png

Thanks, Billy!

I fucking love ZINGIS. I've got him and Hezonja on a fantasy team. So fun to cheer for.

I didn't know Zinger was 7'3. That's what he's listed at now. Thought he was more 7'1.

Back