• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Lebron winning means no real compelling storylines out there. No "when will Cleveland do it" no more "How many in a row will these warriors win"

Absent Lebron or Durant switching teams, next season gonna be a snorefest.

A good ole' fashioned 'roids scandal should do the trick for 2016-2017

For Irish et al:

https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/watch-the-throne/

“I don’t know why the man above always has to give me the hardest road,” LeBron James said last night, after leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to that city’s first championship in five decades, his third; an effort for which he was unanimously awarded the Finals MVP, also his third. It was one of James’s Kanye moments, when a transcendent, genre-defying black genius runs afoul of his homeland’s Puritan neuroses. Concealed deep in our collective unconscious, these snares lie in wait for the upstart who has not been told that, as in war, the first casualty of fame and success is the truth. The more obvious and indisputable one’s achievements, the more important it is to act like they don’t exist. This is part of the competition, too; the part that white people don’t talk about, in order to keep men like James and West from reaching the places reserved for even the most obviously ruthless of the Aw-Shucksers, like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Or Steph Curry’s daughter. How could LeBron, on the cover of Sports Illustrated as a teen, ever think his road hard? Never mind the hardest.

n+1 for sports. L o fucking L

If you're going to passive-aggressively accuse people of pseudo-racist tendencies in their sports viewing preferences by linking to overwrought thinkpieces written by people who take sports too seriously for readers who need to do something, anything, other than watch sports too seriously, please cite The Atlantic or the London Review of Books in the future.

Last edited:
Lebron winning means no real compelling storylines out there. No "when will Cleveland do it" no more "How many in a row will these warriors win"

Absent Lebron or Durant switching teams, next season gonna be a snorefest.

Steph vs. Lebron should be good for 82 games followed by "Can Steph Curry go from dud to stud in the playoffs?"

Then you have Thunder if they stay together or wherever KD lands if he leaves.

Can Duncan/Pop get one for the other hand? Can Kawhi reach the level of Steph and Lebron?

The East will still be shit though. Nobody GFA especially after Derozen leaves for LA.

n+1 for sports. L o fucking L

If you're going to passive-aggressively accuse people of pseudo-racist tendencies in their sports viewing preferences by linking to overwrought thinkpieces written by people who take sports too seriously for readers who need to do something, anything, other than watch sports too seriously, please cite The Atlantic or the London Review of Books in the future.

Lol. I actually agree re: sports and n+1. I'm a subscriber but their sport takes get a quick pass from me. I just couldn't not post it - especially with the Kanye reference - after seeing it cross my Facebook feed given the sports culture war we've waged on here

apparently Delly went to Cedar Point by himself.

NLfW99O.jpg

So does losing in the finals make it more likely that the Warriors pursue Durant?

So does losing in the finals make it more likely that the Warriors pursue Durant?

Does Harrison Barnes being a loser make it more likely? Yes.

I need to hear PH's take on this, but since Simmons is already set to play PG, will the 'ers still swap Nerlens for Teague?

Haberstroh reporting that Nerlen's official NBA point guard form expires during the off-season - he's free to play any position.

Back