• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

@WojVerticalNBA
There are "mild" protections on New Orleans' 2017 first-round pick, but expectations are that Kings will get to use it in this deep draft.

lol they didn't even get 1 fully unprotected 1st. wtf is going on?

the brow had a really good day today.

That is a huge fucking gamble. They arent going to make the playoffs and they dont know if he will re-sign.

no no no this take is trash i need the boogie brow big blue bonanza to get the 8 seed and troll Golden State into 7 games

I can kind of see the logic behind the trade for the Kings if Buddy Hield was good.....but he's horrible and I'm sure the Kings have no idea

Pels should just go all in and trade future firsts to dump their bad contracts to go into this offseason with AD/Cousins/big cap space/Jrue to re-sign on bird rights at end after using the cap space.

no no no this take is trash i need the boogie brow big blue bonanza to get the 8 seed and troll Golden State into 7 games

That would be awesome. Not gonna lie, i'm pretty fucking pumped about the Brow & Boogie connection.

So Boogie just needs to keep his hotel room for a few more nights?

I didn't watch the 2nd and 3rd. Did they play together tonight?

So Boogie just needs to keep his hotel room for a few more nights?

I didn't watch the 2nd and 3rd. Did they play together tonight?

Cuz only played 2 minutes, probably on the phone with his agent the whole game.

In the NBA when you trade a superstar in their prime, you never get close to equal value. But this is a joke.

The Pels needed to add the insane contracts of Solomon Hill and Omer Asik to have some room to sign another player.

Cousins is only signed through next year.

Cuz only played 2 minutes, probably on the phone with his agent the whole game.

LOL. I think I saw the only two minutes he played. He was probably taking a tour of the place.

Pelicans traded pick protection is top 3, so basically the Kings just re-acquired a first round pick that they traded to the Sixers for cap space to rent Rondo. The Kings front office is sooo bad.

Dubs have some difficulty with big teams. This could be a tough match up for them.

Pels certainly still have to be massive underdogs to get 8th seed. So many teams in there.

Pels certainly still have to be massive underdogs to get 8th seed. So many teams in there.

They are only 2.5 games out, and one of the three teams just ahead of them is Sacramento. They have been under-performing as is. Barring injury and/or Boogie going crazy, they will make the playoffs.

If the Nugs go .500 the rest of the way (very possible) the Pels would need 16-9 to pass them. The Pels have 3 total guards on their roster.

The Pels are 2 1/2 games out of the 8th spot, but 9 games out of the 7th spot. Would be a fascinating 1st round matchup between Pels and GS. The Pels strength is the Warriors weakness, but Warriors are the best team. Fascinating. Will make big bowl of popcorn to watch Dray Green and boogie go after one another for 5+ games. Wow.

If the Spurs had any mind to work for the 1st spot, that ended last night. Cruise into the 2nd spot to get Memphis or OKC in the first round. Far easier matchup for the Spurs than the Pels now. And Jru Holiday (whom I traded in fantasy for CP3 two weeks ago) has been fucking balling of late. Points, assists and steals in abundance. Also looks like he is scoring in the 4th quarter, so suddenly the Pels are a compelling playoff team.

Back