• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Feel like Boogie and AD have the chance to be really perfect together. Hope Gentry can make it happen.

I just wiki'ed Gentry and did not know he was from Shelby and that he is David Thompson's first cousin.

Feel like Boogie and AD have the chance to be really perfect together. Hope Gentry can make it happen.

I just wiki'ed Gentry and did not know he was from Shelby and that he is David Thompson's first cousin.

agreed

I have high hopes for this combo

The Sixers have a budding superstar at center. Simmons is supposed to be a franchise player. Saric is growing by the game. They have multiple 1st round picks in multiple years and a ton of cap room.

The Hornets are virtually capped for the next two seasons by overpaying several mediocre players. Right now they are eight games under .500 and only 3 games ahead if the injured Sixers. There's no reason to think the Hornets will get better in the next couple of years. Hence, a "bottom of the playoffs team" is about their ceiling unless they can make a trade like the Pels did.

The ability to trade with the Kings twice is also a huge advantage as the Sixers get better.

The pick swaps were for last year (didn't occur) and this year (TBD). They aren't for two swaps at a point in the future when the kings have a better lottery slot.

You gotta admit all that process has resulted in only one sure fire stud and he's a huge injury risk.

Setting aside Okafor, who is basically a dumpster fire, the process = Simmons, Embiid, Noel, Saric, Lakers pick (top3 protected this year, loses its protection next year), Kings swap potential this year (suddenly looks more realistic), and what seems to be an incredibly valuable Kings '19 unprotected pick.

Even if the tanking is finished, we haven't even seen what half of Hinkie's work will result in yet. Simmons hasn't played, Lakers pick hasn't conveyed yet, Kings pick hasn't conveyed yet.

I'll take my chance with where the Sixers will be 3 years from now.

we should have an official #process discussion thread for when this happens every few days.

I'm probably gonna get banned for bringing rl onto the boards, but I have to share this photo of rj I found.

number-of-internet-arguments-ive-won.png

is it? I feel like computers are the reason why Oak and Kanter aren't valued in today's NBA anymore

is it? I feel like computers are the reason why Oak and Kanter aren't valued in today's NBA anymore

Oak was "ranked" higher than Zing. Some had Oak as #1. Thus Hinkie "had" to take him.

Oak was "ranked" higher than Zing. Some had Oak as #1. Thus Hinkie "had" to take him.

They picked Oak over Zinger because no one knew that Zinger was this.

^^Edit maybe Hinkie did know....

Back