• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

the entirety of the rumor is because IT tweeted bug eyes and the Celtics team IG account followed carmelo. not exactly a woj bomb.

the entirety of the rumor is because IT tweeted bug eyes and the Celtics team IG account followed carmelo. not exactly a woj bomb.

It will be very difficult for the Celtics to prove that the New York Yankees suck if they sign Carmelo. The five Super Bowls helped, but it is an endless struggle.

Yeah, really, what's up with Ingram? Can't say I've watched the Lakers at all. His stats are absolutely terrible.

Lolz, Lakers.

At least he's young. So I can't say he's dead just yet. Buddy is like 23.5 years old or something and sucks

I've said this before but I think Melo is now very underrated

On the right team, he's a stud PF

He's better than ibaka and ppl are jizzing over him on the raptors

You're comparing Ibakas and oranges.

This is really going to make the playoffs 1st round this year amazing

Yeah, really, what's up with Ingram? Can't say I've watched the Lakers at all. His stats are absolutely terrible.

Lolz, Lakers.

He suuuucks. I'm going ahead and calling him a bust.

Just a few months ago that #2 pick would have been considered an #eliteasset in someone's process. But once the pick turns into Ingram, it is no longer an asset, it is just a bad NBA player. Tough to trust that process when the teams who have historically made bad picks are the ones making the picks.

Just a few months ago that #2 pick would have been considered an #eliteasset in someone's process. But once the pick turns into Ingram, it is no longer an asset, it is just a bad NBA player. Tough to trust that process when the teams who have historically made bad picks are the ones making the picks.

Getting a franchise player through the draft is the worst/hardest way to get one.....Except for all of the other ways.

I've said this before but I think Melo is now very underrated

On the right team, he's a stud PF

He's better than ibaka and ppl are jizzing over him on the raptors

What's Melo ever done in the post season? He's a black hole on offense and mopes if he doesn't get the ball every time and plays D only occasionally.

Getting a franchise player through the draft is the worst/hardest way to get one.....Except for all of the other ways.

not sure what you aren't getting

why would you want to maximize your opportunities at a lotto pick when you can just pick some ACC schmuck in the high teens in perpetuity

not sure what you aren't getting

why would you want to maximize your opportunities at a lotto pick when you can just pick some ACC schmuck in the high teens in perpetuity

Because if you actually draft well you can often get just as good a player in the high teens as you can with a random lottery pick, or trade into a lottery pick if you have a specific target in mind, without having to suck for years and hope for ping pong balls to get it. But again, it comes down to actually drafting with quality and not just a shotgun quantity.

Back