• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

I bet Lakers will do a move for Okafor and give away the house if they can dump Deng into the Sixers cap space.

Why are the sixers paying $9 million per year for Jerryd Bayless?

I think you probably dump Russell for HOF Ok given all the PGs in this current draft they can pick up.

Not surprising this happened if you listen to local sports radio, everyone lost their shit when they lost to the suns by 30
people actually care about the lakers out there?

C5NXSJTWYAAUooV.jpg

C5NXTxSXAAAHR58.jpg

C5NXVWQWAAE4yP-.jpg

C5NXWo6WcAA-1Jm.jpg

I think you probably dump Russell for HOF Ok given all the PGs in this current draft they can pick up.

Not surprising this happened if you listen to local sports radio, everyone lost their shit when they lost to the suns by 30

So basically they'd be flipping picks from last year. :)

Does Magic still love Okafor?

Remember, at this point the Lakers aren't guaranteed having a Top 3 pick. As it stands now. if one team moves up, the Lakers would lose the pick anyway. It's possible they wouldn't be giving up anything in doing that. This is why the "unprotecting" and Lou makes some sense for both sides.

Something else to think about, next year's Lakers pick is gone if this year's isn't and is likely not to be much higher than this year's.

I bet Lakers will do a move for Okafor and give away the house if they can dump Deng into the Sixers cap space.

Why are the sixers paying $9 million per year for Jerryd Bayless?

Dumb GM now.

Actually, it's not a pay cut if he does it in the next 3-4 years. It would be a pay increase of about 250-300% until the Celtics re-write his contract. Again, only Pop makes as much as $11M. When Stevens actually wins something, he might make that much, but he hasn't.

Why would any team pay a coach as much as a HOFer if he hasn't won? Well other than an idiot.

Duke selects more than they "recruit". Stevens would have to make only a few short trips a year. They could select the same kind of players they have been getting for the past nearly 40 years who rarely have academic problems.

Sorry to use actual fact in this Trumpian era.

also, this fucking post. right down to the "Sorry to use actual fast in this Trumpian era." to end it. oh god. perfect. this is prime RJ. /chefkissinghandemoji

rj making hypothetical salary assumptions > rj making hypothetical minutes assumptions, right?

I feel like Melo would give full out effort to win a championship, but I wonder if he would be able to defer in playoff crunch time, or would he go full hero ball?

these are melo's head coaches since syracuse

jeff [Redacted]
michael cooper
george karl
mike d'antoni
mike woodson
derek fisher
kurt rambis
jeff hornacek

seems like he had 2 v good coaches and a bunch of trash

sucks those nuggets teams never won anything

also, this fucking post. right down to the "Sorry to use actual fast in this Trumpian era." to end it. oh god. perfect. this is prime RJ. /chefkissinghandemoji

rj making hypothetical salary assumptions > rj making hypothetical minutes assumptions, right?

The Duke job pays about $9.68M to K USA Today). Right now Stevens is on a 6 years/$22M contract which comes down to $3.66M. You do the math.

these are melo's head coaches since syracuse

jeff [Redacted]
michael cooper
george karl
mike d'antoni
mike woodson
derek fisher
kurt rambis
jeff hornacek

seems like he had 2 v good coaches and a bunch of trash

sucks those nuggets teams never won anything

Or that Melo is very tough to coach...

Has Magic said anything about Okafor since everyone has seem him stink in the league? He was a consensus top three pick so it's not like he was going out on much of a limb when he initially had those tweets.

Could Vlade be playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing Go Fish? What if Boogie told him to get a couple of guards and a draft pick and that he'd re-sign with the Kings next summer. Boogie has donated a couple million to charities in SacTown. Maybe he's coming back????

:)

Back