• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Harden is the least entertaining superstar possible. Westbrook goes all out, which is entertaining, but he puts up some just miserable shots. No one on OKC can shoot a lick. Roberson going 3-21 from the FT line was pathetic. Nene and Beverly are some neat little players, but overall, meh. That was not an enjoyable series.

Thought Stockton was the Malone of guards. CP is the Barkley.

Where is a ring chasing old PG going to get a ring? Backing up Steph and Kyrie?

Forgot about Glove too.

Steph and Kyrie might not even be starting for title contenders in 5 years once Chris's $200 million contract is up. Depends on what Lebron/KD do and on Curry's ankles.

Chris is going to go be a better version of 2011 Jason Kidd with the Bucks or the Sixers or whatever team Lebron is on at that point.

I am preparing for the inevitable as a Spurs fan. Expending way too much energy against the Grizz. I do think the Spurs match up real well against the Rockets, who are too soft in the middle to get into Lemarcus' head. I expect Aldridge to get 20/10 against the Rockets. He and Pau should really dominate. Was good to LA contribute huge tip-ins and boards drawing defensive fouls on boards when he wasn't hitting his shot. That is growth for him. But Spurs can play Green or Leonard on Harden. Beverly's defense won't be as valuable against the Spurs as against the Thunder. I just think it is a real good matchup for the Spurs.

That said, I expect GS to get a not ready for a title Utah Jazz in the next round and win in 5 leaving them pretty rested for the Western Finals. I was hoping Blake would gut it out and play on a bad toe. Guess not.

Harden is the least entertaining superstar possible. Westbrook goes all out, which is entertaining, but he puts up some just miserable shots. No one on OKC can shoot a lick. Roberson going 3-21 from the FT line was pathetic. Nene and Beverly are some neat little players, but overall, meh. That was not an enjoyable series.

CY_Karl_640x360.jpg

I am preparing for the inevitable as a Spurs fan. Expending way too much energy against the Grizz. I do think the Spurs match up real well against the Rockets, who are too soft in the middle to get into Lemarcus' head. I expect Aldridge to get 20/10 against the Rockets. He and Pau should really dominate. Was good to LA contribute huge tip-ins and boards drawing defensive fouls on boards when he wasn't hitting his shot. That is growth for him. But Spurs can play Green or Leonard on Harden. Beverly's defense won't be as valuable against the Spurs as against the Thunder. I just think it is a real good matchup for the Spurs.

That said, I expect GS to get a not ready for a title Utah Jazz in the next round and win in 5 leaving them pretty rested for the Western Finals. I was hoping Blake would gut it out and play on a bad toe. Guess not.

Totally agree.

Way more concerned with G State than Rockets as other than Cleveland in the finals last year, nobody seems to be able to stop G State from scoring (with or without Durant).

I just am not really looking forward to seeing Tony Parker broken by Curry. Not at all. They have a fighter's chance obviously, and have as good a chance as any to beat them, but Dray Green will unfortunately most likely be the difference. Like GS. Don't like Green or the owner.

The Steve Kerr factor is interesting. I have a strong gut feeling that he will need to quit after the year, so how much will he be able to gut it out and stay on the sideline, or more importantly NOT be a distraction to the team. Mike Brown ain't no game coach IMO. If Kerr just stays in the locker room, he can help. If he is on and off the bench, he could potentially be a distraction. Anyone seen one of his press conferences in the last few weeks? I feel for him, really nervous and jittery and can't keep his hand off his face - I am assuming it is a reaction to some very strong medication.

5 or 6? That's the only question about Spurs-Warriors. It would take a superhuman effort from Kawhi (which is very possible) and peak LMA, Green, Gasol, Parker, and Mills to take four games.

i guess what i want to know is if it will be boring

what if they lose to the cavs again? you think they will find a way to trade zaza for anthony davis or something?

The TNT guys are the best. Great tribute to Kenny Smith's mom just now. She apparently died today.

Injuries (or suspensions) are the only (but real) factor that could derail GSW. Durant is still not all the way back. Curry was not a 100% at the end of last season and Draymond missed a game in the finals.

It would take the same combination as last year to eliminate the Warriors, but the potential exists. Look at the players that have already missed playoff games this post-season: Gobert, Rondo, Griffin, Durant, Mahimi. Injuries or avoiding injuries will play a big role going forward.

It's awesome when you can hear one woman's piercing voice throughout a game broadcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injuries (or suspensions) are the only (but real) factor that could derail GSW. Durant is still not all the way back. Curry was not a 100% at the end of last season and Draymond missed a game in the finals.

It would take the same combination as last year to eliminate the Warriors, but the potential exists. Look at the players that have already missed playoff games this post-season: Gobert, Rondo, Griffin, Durant, Mahimi. Injuries or avoiding injuries will play a big role going forward.

I read where NBA is harder on the body than NFL since NFL they get "a week" off.

Been watching Isaiah Thomas get knocked down every possession thinking there is something to this.

I read where NBA is harder on the body than NFL since NFL they get "a week" off.

Been watching Isaiah Thomas get knocked down every possession thinking there is something to this.

They must not count the head.

Back