• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

I don't know, man. Bringing in Teague or CP would be worthy of TP sliding down the bench. Even bringing back George Hill is probably worth the consideration.

Are there enough $$$ to make those moves?

Zach Randolph is another guy who could play into his early 40s. What would his game lose?

Zach is still the king of the oh-my-god-no 3-point attempt. Very rec league as well. Who can forget this one:

Last edited:
If Teague goes to the Spurs this thread will turn into a truck stop glory hole.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Only if the front office figures out how to keep Mills.

would love to keep mills.

I don't know, man. Bringing in Teague or CP would be worthy of TP sliding down the bench. Even bringing back George Hill is probably worth the consideration.

tp really needs his minutes limited. bringing him off the bench to play primarily against back ups like gasol is doing would be the best way to use him. i seriously doubt he would give up the remainder of his contract to renegotiate down. his cost limits the options.

Maybe for Teague or Hill. TP would potentially renegotiate too. Manu is making a lot of money this year, and he's probably gone.

manu is only making that money because the spurs did not have better options. they are just making good on the last few years that he has taken far less than market value. he did have the big offer but they would not have matched if they had a better option willing to play for that money.

If Teague goes to the Spurs this thread will turn into a truck stop glory hole.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

i laughed.

son, first of all the Spurs are under cap next year with at least 12 on the roster if the players pick up their options. Next, Tony only has one year left on his contract. They could do a sign and trade with Patty Mills or trade Danny Green and have almost enough for a max PG.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see them try something with LMA. They haven't been happy with him.

soooo, Horford is averaging 16/9/6 this series, with shooting slashes of .561/.500/.909, and TOs/g down to 1.4.

I know he's not a sexy max, but he brings so much to the table. Definitely worth the money IMO.

If you are the Spurs, I think you pay Patty Mills and to a lesser degree, David Lee and let Dedmon go. If Parker retires, I think you can get Dedmon and then you are stuck with trying to decide whether Murray is going to develop or not.

Next year the Spurs have Aldridge, Kawhii, Gasol, Parker, Betrans, Murray, Green, Kyle Anderson, Forbes, and Jean-Charles under contract - all at good contracts but Parker ($14mil) and you could argue Green ($10mil) and Aldridge ($20mil). Lee and Dedmon have player options. Lee may just accept his $1.6mil but Dedmon can get more than the $3.3 he can gaurantee on his player option. His has arguably lost value in the playoffs so far.

If Manu goes, then Patty is essential. The team loves him, he's in his prime, and his current deal has only been affordable because he blew out his shoulder in their championship season and teams backed off following his surgery (and subsequent subpar 2/3 of a season recovering).

I ma honestly not sure what happens salary cap wise if a player retires with years on their contract. For example, the Spurs are paying Duncan $5 mil this year just because. Apparently, this isn't enough money to get him in the building on game days as he has been a no show except for his retirement day.

I like Jonas Jerebko, Kyle Korver, potentially Mason Plumlee, Mike Scott, Shelvin Mack, Thabo Sefolosho, and Omri Casspi as cheap veteran contracts to fill out a team. And the Spurs should go after George Hill if Patty Mills is okay with it and Parker retires. Two big ifs, the latter obviously more.

They stretched Duncan's 5m over 3 years.

No way Tony opts out. That dude banged or tried to bang Brent Barry's wife. He still has a lot of moments that he tries to be the number 1 option and that usually does nit go well. Add a pretty darn good series hes having now and he'll be back.

TOOK THE LIVE BET +12 FOR $50 - SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE LIVE MONEYLINE

Back