• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

I said the Mavs made a steal. What part of that don't you understand?

Yep, use a 30+yo picture of a broken down Noah, versus when he was in shape.
You brought weight into the argument so I gave you multiple examples of current NBA big men who play at or near the same weight as Noel. There are multiple good defensive NBA centers around 230 pounds, therefore you are wrong.

Last edited:
You brought weight into the argument so I gave you multiple examples of current NBA big men who play at or near the same weight as Noel. There are multiple good defensive NBA centers around 230 pounds, therefore you are wrong.

John Collins is listed at 235 by the way.

Only Noah and Ibaka were elite defenders (and Ibaka was bigger).

The goalposts aren't moving. You don't think the 7', 280, Nurkic will throw him around?

You seem to be the one moving the goalposts. First you talk about Blake, AD, Boogie, Nurkic, KAT and Blake. Then you bring up skinny guys these guys eat for lunch as examples of skinny guys woh can play D.

When you see Nurkic on the schedule, you just gotta go in accepting he's gonna get his 3 or 4 baskets and hope to god he doesn't explode and hang a dozen points on you.

This was the Rockets shot chart tonight
6a1283e8ed7a6bcf5228a7b9ea26f995.jpg

It's a brave new world.

So KD caught a pass off a PnR outside the 3 point line, took 4 steps, and dunked it on DeAndre. In a real game.

Korver is 20/27 on his last 27 threes. That's just unfair. Now you're getting Deron Williams as your backup PG? Even with Durant CLE matches up well.

Dray got everyone hyped. It was epic. Fuuuuuuuck Scott foster.

If this was the best they could do, they should have traded Okafor to the Lakers for the Rocket's 1st and then let Noel go to RFA. If the offer sheet is reasonable then match it and try to make it work with Embiid, otherwise just let him go for nothing. The upside there is better than downside since they got next to nothing for him anyway, at least in the context of already having roughly a million 2nd round draft picks.

No way Hinkie doesn't handle this better. Hell, apparently he had a deal lined up with Boston for the 2016 Nets pick that Colangelo Sr vetoed. Reminder, that pick was third in the draft.

ETA: Also, kudos to Mavericks for sniffing this one out (since I have criticized them many times before). Wish San Antonio had made an offer.

Last edited:
Back