• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

So KD caught a pass off a PnR outside the 3 point line, took 4 steps, and dunked it on DeAndre. In a real game.

I'm sure your eyes are better than mine (most are) but what I saw live looked like a lot of steps. 4 seems about right.

I paused and rewound the highlights. I couldn't believe it. He kinda faked like he was going to dribble and just took the steps.

It really seems like the entire eastern conference outside of Toronto is just trying to wait out the Lebron Cavaliers. Its pretty chicken shit how none of the East playoff teams are trying to win now, meanwhile 3 different West teams are fighting to get swept by the Dubs.

Seems like the Zards are trying to win now.

This was the Rockets shot chart tonight
6a1283e8ed7a6bcf5228a7b9ea26f995.jpg

Capela alley-oops and Harden layups in the middle.
Everyone else on the outside.

Korver is 20/27 on his last 27 threes. That's just unfair. Now you're getting Deron Williams as your backup PG? Even with Durant CLE matches up well.

Does Deron Williams help them much? A backup playmaking PG who plays no defense behind a starting playmaking PG who plays no defense? Dellavadova worked so well because he would come in and thug it up to wear out the other team's PG to let Kyrie take advantage. Which I assume is why they wanted Patrick Beverly in that role, who would be perfect for it. DWill is just going to chuck and duck.

If the Sixers shot down Embiid, do they pass the Lakers? :)

I very seriously doubt they do that.

i'm less viscerally angry today than i was yesterday about the Noel trade

it's better to get something than nothing, i guess, and they weren't going to trade him before the season started without knowing what embiid was

still sucks that colangelo seems kinda bad at his job

this press conference is awful

i'm kind of confused as to what the 76ers were supposed to do? the trade market for big men is objectively awful, wait to lose nerlens in RFA or match a big contract and keep him unhappy as a back-up as the best case scenario?

is there no acknowledgment he inherited 3 pure centers who can't play together and the market for centers is trash?

i'm sure at this point offers for okafor were along the lines of a dinner at mendy's

Somebody who is willing to sign a player to a big contract is more likely will to give up something for him than a team who might not retain him.

i'm kind of confused as to what the 76ers were supposed to do? the trade market for big men is objectively awful, wait to lose nerlens in RFA or match a big contract and keep him unhappy as a back-up as the best case scenario?

is there no acknowledgment he inherited 3 pure centers who can't play together and the market for centers is trash?

i'm sure at this point offers for okafor were along the lines of a dinner at mendy's

colangelo definitely inherited a bit of a mess, certainly a logjam

i think hinkie had a plan, for better or worse, and it was never selling low

lol, getting fired was the best thing to ever happen to hinkie

people furious at colangelo for doing something that had to be done.

he'll get another job easy soon enough and for the 76ers from here on out, every good thing that happens will be credited to hinkie, and every bad thing will be blamed on colangelo because there is a cult worship of the guy

he'll get another job easy soon enough and for the 76ers from here on out, every good thing that happens will be credited to hinkie, and every bad thing will be blamed on colangelo because there is a cult worship of the guy

would that were only true

it's pretty split in philly, and i suspect the country is still fairly anti-process

it's all worthless speculation, but i think hinkie would have managed the bigs situation a lot better

also i just hate hearing BC talk

it might be split, but the enthusiasm is not balanced for each side.

the process fans on here are super sensitive and the thread devolves into a super long hinkie suck fest every time a noted NBA troll and bad take haver says something dumb about it.

i expect the next few years of the nba thread to look like:

colangelo makes a great pick with a process draft pick, thanks hinkie!

colangelo misses on a draft pick (which hinkie was guilty himself of mind you), you blew it colangelo!

Back