• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Scott Brooks has to know he can use his top defender Derek Fisher to shut down Curry. He is salivating thinking about that potential matchup.

Also if the Spurs lose this series there's no way it ISN'T Tracy McGrady's fault.

I can support that. Jackson really could have helped us in both these games. He goes all honey badger when an opponent gets hot like they have.

That was some comically lopsided officiating. Ginobili and Parker get repeatedly sodomized in the paint with no call, and then Curry gets bumped by Parker on the perimeter and the ref instantly blows the whistle. Stern strikes again.

Not to say the Spurs deserved to win, but Jesus Christ.

Derek Fisher is a douchetastic cock face, but it's bizarre how good he's been in the playoffs so far. I remember in 2009 Aaron Brooks was flying by him at will, and yet in the Rockets and (so far) in the Memphis series, he hasn't been a massive liability.

That was some comically lopsided officiating. Ginobili and Parker get repeatedly sodomized in the paint with no call, and then Curry gets bumped by Parker on the perimeter and the ref instantly blows the whistle. Stern strikes again.

Not to say the Spurs deserved to win, but Jesus Christ.

I'll be honest, I think you're off here. I just watched the same game you did and it didn't strike me as unevenly called.

I think Pop is figuring some things out, DOE. You have to be pleased with the effectiveness of the small lineup, and defensive effort against Curry tonight. Unfortunately, you limit Curry, and Thompson blows up. We will shoot better from deep and at the line.

I'll be honest, I think you're off here. I just watched the same game you did and it didn't strike me as unevenly called.

I'm a spurs fan, and I agree with you. We got plenty of calls, we just shit ourselves at the line.

Spurs win that game and it would have closed out the last leg of an epic parlay for me - in Vegas now.

Woulda won $5,000

Warriors snap 30 game loss streak at Spurs.

With three minutes left in the fourth the Warriors had two team fouls, and the Spurs were taking it to the rim every time. The technical was bad, but other than that I thought that the refs were in the Warriors pocket the whole game.

It's incredible. He has a very defined role as head coach: motivator. It's pretty clear that his assistants are basically doing everything else.

It's bizarre, because that kind of hype man garbage is usually slumming it in the college game where wooing teenage boys is more important than coaching.

What are you confused about? Jackson and McHale are both known for being well-liked motivators. They handle personalities extremely well, and they get guys to "buy in". In the NBA, that's 1/2 the battle.

If you watch during timeouts though, they typically let the assistants run the whiteboard. I can speak better about Houston's case, where McHale's assistants handle virtually every defensive aspect.

Back